BradleyBeachMan

Shed

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

47 mins ago, BradleyBeachMan said:

Town only allows 15x10 ' that can only be the height of the house. Am thinking I will do a basement and foundation for the shed too. Thoughts

The shed can be the same height as your house?

10 mins ago, Tom T said:

15x10 without a variance, no?  

Most municipalities I've seen consider anything under 100 square feet a temporary structure, and you don't need ANY permit. This is why the most common shed is 12' x 8': this comes in at (let me do the math) 96 square feet, which is as big as you can go without needing a permit.

Then, if'n you want something bigger than 100 square feet, you need a permit, but you don't need a variance (it's a shall-issue deal) unless you get really big, or if you have an out-of-compliance issue (setback is the most common one).

I like the idea, though, of building a shed that's taller than your house. I wanna see BBM go in front of the zoning board and make an impassioned plea for a variance for this:

My fellow Americans, can you deny a man his romantic visions? Can you deny a man a true sign of the American Dream? Can you deny a man a shed with a cupola on it?

Nay, let's make it a shed with TWO cupolas! Two spires, as it were! We can watch the Kentucky Derby under the alluring shadows of are own Twin Spires! Sirs, I appeal to your decency to make this dream come true! GIVE MY MY CUPOLAS!

19 mins ago, Tom T said:

15x10 without a variance, no?  

Get a variance.  Or start digging your Lucky love pit.

It puts the lotion on the skin 

51HwWENYUgL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Completing the headcount of the Children of Israel taken in the Sinai Desert, a total of 8,580 Levite men between the ages of 30 and 50 are counted in a tally of those who will be doing the actual work of transporting the Tabernacle.