to my fellow fathers.....

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

sure does...she did an exceptional job of taking my good points and disregarding my stupid. she literally deflected my shortcomings as a father and absorbed what I did right. that's going to serve her well in life. 

Congrats!  Good for you to notice that what was good about you was absorbed (although that couldn't have taken more than a few minutes) and the bad understood and deflected.  All kidding aside, Happy Father's Day and congrats.

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

the only thing I would change is she is way too pretty. I would have paid extra for ugly. 

She musta got that from your wife Brian, and I'm not surprised. Congratulations to her, and lucky for you, she's not going to  school that's 1800 miles away

.........Elvis lives....2020

just heard from my son that one of his elementary school friends died of an overdose.

unclear if it was accidental or not.

She was a cute kid,

it's like a gut punch that her life ended like that.

cheers to all the dads who kept the kids on the straight and narrow.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

10 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

we have to have peaked as far as the junk no? this "crisis" has been going on long enough that I hope its peaked....it has to have....?

I hope so.

but my kid is 25 now and I don't really know what is going on with the current crop of high school kids.

there are a couple kids from his little league days that aren't around anymore.

it's sad to think of them as the cute kids they used to be and how they ended up.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

4 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Don’t forget to report to work for your drug test 

Haha, yea rite!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

Empty nesting seems like a happy/proud/sad moment.  She staying in dorm or commuting?  Not sure I would want mine to be so close to home (that reads terribly). My parents told me to GTFO. "You can always move back".  In my case it was sound advice

Congrats man, mine is 25 stills says yes sir, thank you, ur welcome, helps his grandma, and works full time in NYC, has a business degree with a minor in music is a hella musician and still takes times to fish with his old man, His MOMMA raised him right!

Edited by Drewtuna1993