capecod

single tacoma rod holder

17 posts in this topic

looking for options on a rod holder for my 2013 trd 6 foot bed... i dont want to get the rackarod system because it takes up to much space and most of the time i only transport 1 9 or 10 foot rod. Im sick and tired of just throwing it in the bed. is there maybe a single rod holder that could possibly bolt or clamp onto the bed rails? 

I just removed two off topic posts, @Aaron Barmmer - next post like that and you’ll be back in mod queue. If you aren’t going to respond to someone in a helpful and respectful manner then please don’t bother responding. Thanks :th:

TimS

Posted (edited) · Report post

Berkley sells a pair of plastic rod holders for short money.. they have foam lined slots for 4 rods. attach one to the top of your tailgate with some sheet metal screws. When you accidentally break it off, you have a spare.

rod holder.png

Edited by Stewie
mispelled Berkley

A galvanized pipe spanning from one side to the other attached to the factory rail clamps. Before attaching the pipe, slide a pool noodle over it. Cut slits in the foam pool noodle to drop the rod in. Use a bungie cord to hold the rod down Cheap and simple diy. 

You can make one out of pvc pipe and some 5/8 tnuts to bolt into your rail. I welded up some kayak racks for the 3rd gen tacoma, it shouldn't be too hard to make a small aluminum rod rack that would tuck neatly behind the window. The nice thing about the rail is that you can move the rod rack away from the window so you can store your rods on an angle or straight up. I have been meaning to do this for my self for a while now, I think I am going to mock one up soon. If there is enough interest here I can make a few. I have a bunch of spare aluminum tubing laying around just collecting dust.

@TimS

I thought the rule was no links? Sites are always mentioned - amazon and google referenced all the time without censor.

was it because I referenced another forum?

5 hours ago, TimS said:

I just removed two off topic posts, @Aaron Barmmer - next post like that and you’ll be back in mod queue. If you aren’t going to respond to someone in a helpful and respectful manner then please don’t bother responding. Thanks :th:

TimS

Sorry man.  He is actually my identical twin brother    I just love to troll him.  I get a kick out of it lol    I will tone it down from now on! 

4 hours ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

Sorry man.  He is actually my identical twin brother    I just love to troll him.  I get a kick out of it lol    I will tone it down from now on! 

No worries...the problem is when other people who read this forum and don’t know that you are busting balls :) To them it looks like we let folks treat each other like **** here...and we don’t :)

TimS

5 hours ago, Cpalms said:

@TimS

I thought the rule was no links? Sites are always mentioned - amazon and google referenced all the time without censor.

was it because I referenced another forum?

We don’t allow people to say ‘Google ______ , go to their website and ask them to make you the custom thing you want’ :) And specifically we ask folks not to send folks to other forums when they ask a question here :)

And it’s not because you would send people to a forum and recommend someone less than reliable - but because if we let you do it then we have to let everyone do it...and I promise, the people that sell stuff on other sites come to sites like this to tell people about this awesome guy who makes blahblablah on this other site they just found :read: So in order to keep things fair we don’t allow anyone to do it :)

TimS

12 hours ago, Jimichanga said:

Come on Mr. Tim, that was just good ole fun.  He said "dumb ass".

giphy (34).gif

If you can’t keep your posts on topic and helpful, stay in the Tavern - dumbass memes and off topic crap don’t belong outside of there. 

TimS

21 hours ago, bospa357 said:

A galvanized pipe spanning from one side to the other attached to the factory rail clamps. Before attaching the pipe, slide a pool noodle over it. Cut slits in the foam pool noodle to drop the rod in. Use a bungie cord to hold the rod down Cheap and simple diy. 

Drill thru the pool noodle and cut a slit.  Rods never come out

327713AA-613E-406F-A601-8CCBA5E02542.jpeg