Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BsCbandit09

2019 US Open Golf

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Just starting up a thread to discuss the third major, the U.S. Open at historic Pebble Beach.

I have been watching a lot of this afternoon‘s coverage and the course looks fantastic. Maybe the USGA has redeemed themselves, perhaps they have redeemed themselves a little too much, because the players seem to be lighting up the course for a major.

I know my DraftKings fantasy picks are all doing extremely well with Fowler, McIlroy and Piercy.  I also picked Massachusetts favorite Matt Parziale. I’ve seen this kid play before in a am tournament and he is lights out. 

I wonder how El Tigre and Keopka are going to fare this afternoon..  with no wind the two of them should dominate this course. 

Pebble; Even with the thick rough, the tees pushed back as far as they can go, and the small greens....today's athletic golfer will punish the course, look for a winning round of minus 20+ as a possibility with a vast majority of the field well under par. 

I want these guys to be challenged a minus 5 to minus 10 is acceptable for a winning score.

Let it be said that it is an extremely rare piece of property with beautiful views, but its just not "big" enough for the long hitters and the control that the players have as iron ball strikers

21 mins ago, Joe said:

just narrow the fairways & put some bunkers out at 300. But then you can't sell expensive drivers...

That's basically what they did- excluding the bunkers, its cheaper to move a tee box. Trouble is they are still hitting lofted irons from 160 out in the rough.

Yesterday: a record pace of the number of eagles and 1/3 of the field is at Par or below ( 57)

1st happy fathers day!

2nd what clinic Justin Rose put on yesterday (& Thursday)

34 one putts out of 48.....Thats crazy good

Happy Father’s Day to all!

yes, Rose put on a clinic that’s for sure. 

Woodland might nab his first major. Good on him!