Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riptide

6/13 Week in review (REPORT)

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I've been busy when the weather has allowed us to get out.   I've ping ponged all over the place.   

 

From big fish on live bait, to 100+ school fish days on the flyrod, we can ans have done it all.  

 

It's a shame the striper fishery is in a state of decline, but we continue to put our anglers on the best possible bite for their specific requests.   

 

I'll have striper reports for the next 11 days (weather permitting) and then we will change gears.    I throw in the towel on stripers once the chaos of Commercial season descends on the Cape like a plague.  

 

Fluke, Tuna and Mahi will be the next round of targets once we wrap up stripers.  

FB_IMG_15604442249008529.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442198681986.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442124414450.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442053249454.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442007245103.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441970220811.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441939171300.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441902810199.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of us have been predicting this decline for a few years now. All the signs were there. If you fished through those years, you know what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, bob_G said:

Many of us have been predicting this decline for a few years now. All the signs were there. If you fished through those years, you know what I mean.

I said it when they went to 2@28 we were screwed.   People said I was Chicken little and the sky was falling.   

 

My reply was "give it 10 years"...........UNFORTUNATLY I TOLD YOU SO!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was out there running all over the place on my Jupiter this past last friday/weekend. Saw you quite a bit. What a sad sight it was to run 100-150 miles a day and find small schools of sub legal fish and one legal school that everyone pounded w live bait. One can only hope the big wave of oceanside bass either shift course or hustle through before commercial starts. It will be a slaughter and will only distort the data/quota targets going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riptide said:

I've been busy when the weather has allowed us to get out.   I've ping ponged all over the place.   

 

From big fish on live bait, to 100+ school fish days on the flyrod, we can ans have done it all.  

 

It's a shame the striper fishery is in a state of decline, but we continue to put our anglers on the best possible bite for their specific requests.   

 

I'll have striper reports for the next 11 days (weather permitting) and then we will change gears.    I throw in the towel on stripers once the chaos of Commercial season descends on the Cape like a plague.  

 

Fluke, Tuna and Mahi will be the next round of targets once we wrap up stripers.  

FB_IMG_15604442249008529.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442198681986.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442124414450.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442053249454.jpg

FB_IMG_15604442007245103.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441970220811.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441939171300.jpg

FB_IMG_15604441902810199.jpg

It's dismal for bass here.

All signs point to Charlie being early.......let’s hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the quota this year is 869K pounds.  I thought it was like 750 last year.  Did they (stupidly) add the unused quota from last year onto this years????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, buz23 said:

I see the quota this year is 869K pounds.  I thought it was like 750 last year.  Did they (stupidly) add the unused quota from last year onto this years????

Not sure.  Wouldnt surprise me.   I'll go out on a limb and say they wont break 50% of the quota this season.    You heard it here first.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, Riptide said:

Not sure.  Wouldnt surprise me.   I'll go out on a limb and say they wont break 50% of the quota this season.    You heard it here first.  

Unless they allow them to continue to be caught from the big river as they have in past years . . They increased the quota to make up for last year and also pushed the starting time up a week or so  . Given that the same amount of poaching goes on one can expect similar results in the numbers for this year as in past years . Until we the fishermen are willing to take a stand and get more involved with what has been going on, we all can expect the same results into the future , with less fish for every one / We can continue to cry here, but those who make the calls do not have any voices willing to make a stand to listen and challenge what they may be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quota will be debatable this year. Even when the stocks are depleted the comm guys either risk it the canal and or I knew of many that went to newburyport when the biomass summered there last year(bc of large amt of pogies) and they'd catch every day of the week and store them in freezers/fridges until commercial days to sell them. People just get more desperate and it distorts the actual reality of the bass stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, catatonic said:

It's dismal for bass here.

All signs point to Charlie being early.......let’s hope.

Stickboats are on em.

No R&R catches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.