Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. June 13 - June 20

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, rbart said:

Fuq’n surfers. Had a couple hours to kill this evening. Was in a prime spot for some white water bass and three 3 jackass surfers come paddling out and set up shop right in front of me. I flipped ‘em the bird multiple times then left as it was ruining my zen. So much for etiquette regarding whoever gets their first gets the spot. 

Pissed me off it was the only window I’ve had to fish in the last two weeks. Got me all riled up, was ready to wait for them on shore and beat their asses, but just not worth it. Hating people more and more these days. 

Seems to be a constant theme for many of us lately........  One of the great things i like about fishing nights is it doesnt take too much work to be all alone, and i always get reminded when i try to fish during the day of why i hate fishing during the day.

Slow pick of fish but if there's anything there they like anything slim profile with a redgill teaser. This is both off yak and surf out front. Sure would like to know where all the baitfish are.

Was on a certain jetty facing west fishing for blues when my buddy hooked up to an Albie... is it early for albies to show up or is this normal? i was surprised to see one.

Fished a Rocky shoreline with some nice conditions with eels last pm and not a single tap.  Hit a backwater spot on my way home and had a steady bite of blues and schoolies (more blues).  Only would hit a mag darter and a metal lip (would blast metal lip out of water) and wouldn't touch anything else, tried swim shad and other lower running stuff to get under blues but they wouldn't get a sniff.

I was out in similar conditions early last night and got only one dink, despite conditions that seemed ideal. I didn’t have a mag darter in my bag, but had no luck with an SP minnow or other offerings. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Saw more life in the bay in one day in April than I did this whole week... beautiful conditions.... not a striper or pogy to be seen or heard... just some small blues here and there 

Edited by semperfish88

Small bass tues at at 2 locations soco very favorable conditions and no weed, sad sad not even one near keeper size, and when I say favorable I mean good casting clean water post full moon and overcast and I spots that produce fish, ugghh.....stayed till 3am and only do that if conditions prevail which usually have yielded a few good fish but defines now people quit and gives their kids more attention and settle into the daytime monotony of waiting for late August  , time to day drink and beach it, sleep at night .....frustrating.......!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, VitaminDee said:

Was on a certain jetty facing west fishing for blues when my buddy hooked up to an Albie... is it early for albies to show up or is this normal? i was surprised to see one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bonito. Any pics?  Any other stories of hook ups? I have seen King Macks there as well and they will mix in with blues.

1 hour ago, NewEngBoy011 said:

Small bass tues at at 2 locations soco very favorable conditions and no weed, sad sad not even one near keeper size, and when I say favorable I mean good casting clean water post full moon and overcast and I spots that produce fish, ugghh.....stayed till 3am and only do that if conditions prevail which usually have yielded a few good fish but defines now people quit and gives their kids more attention and settle into the daytime monotony of waiting for late August  , time to day drink and beach it, sleep at night .....frustrating.......!!!!!!!!

That sucks man. Pack up the yak and fish Boston to Gloucester. There's good bass up here.