flyrad10

What’s Old School?

Rate this topic

130 posts in this topic

not carrying a phone and posting up every freaking thing you do! taking the line off 

the roller when hooked up if someone is driving by, carrying a broom in the truck to sweep out  drag marks. 

Keeping 16'' Stripers and fishing with a Army Gas mask bag in the surf.

with just Atoms poppers and Rebles next to Bob Pond.

for many years I fished the jetties on the south shore of LI,getting down rto det a fish with a light in your mouth or hand would n't be something I would do,tough rnough with one free hand.also if you happen to fall which I did more than once a free hand can be a leg saver.now adays one of the places I fish requires a mile and quarter walk across a stone dike,bringing a fish back would be quite a hassle without a headlamp

2 hours ago, 55555s said:

FIFY

Since I only have a light on the tie a knot or unhook a fish, you'd have to be behaving in a rather impolite manner to get your eyes shined on.

6 hours ago, ermghoti said:

you'd have to be behaving in a rather impolite manner to get your eyes shined on.

LOL... well played!

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, 55555s said:

Man, thats one of my dads staples.  

The 5” is still the best plug in my bag some nights. Getting hard to find. 

Edited by strats'n'stripers

25 mins ago, strats'n'stripers said:

The 5” is still the best plug in my bag some nights. Getting hard to find. 

Very hard to find. Terminal tackle in Kings park had the whole lineup. Unfortunately they closed up shop

Posted (edited) · Report post

cut off 540 harnell with a squidder clamped on on, Ande mono on wooden spools, redball short boots with golf soles, neck light that you had to keep smacking the battery pack so it would come on, short gaff through belt loop, trout vest with 6 rigged eels, hopkins, 2 doodlebugs and a couple of leaders, maybe rainpants if it was blowing SE hard and a real thin lightweight nylon windbreaker. Tim Coleman(RIP buddy) took the pic of me in asbury, other was of me and my Dad at 8th ave in asbury.

me and mike.jpg

Asbury spriped bass2.jpg

Edited by alaskansteve

2 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Jetties in NJ 

Weakfish all summer

Parking

Never seeing a video of the canal

Oh man, weakies! I spent a lot of time in North Wildwood. How about Dad’s Pier in Grassy Sound, the wood plank bridge into Angelsea, Zabers Restaurant, one Wawa on the island, crabbing by the railroad bridge off Rio Grande. Good times had by all!

5 hours ago, alaskansteve said:

cut off 540 harnell with a squidder clamped on on, Ande mono on wooden spools, redball short boots with golf soles, neck light that you had to keep smacking the battery pack so it would come on, short gaff through belt loop, trout vest with 6 rigged eels, hopkins, 2 doodlebugs and a couple of leaders, maybe rainpants if it was blowing SE hard and a real thin lightweight nylon windbreaker. Tim Coleman(RIP buddy) took the pic of me in asbury, other was of me and my Dad at 8th ave in asbury.

me and mike.jpg

Asbury spriped bass2.jpg

Steve you might like this old photo of Tim in 1974

17ED95AF-582A-4542-AF25-7AFFD2230E30.jpeg

D8B37836-2EDE-4DE1-AEAD-4B9BF78FCF7D.jpeg

Outer Cape specific:

Miles of ORV access

Seeing a buggy full of cows at the fish market 

Top Knot (if you know you know)

Charlie Whitney’s tackle shop