Nomad92

Spinning reel for fluke?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a jigging world nexus 7' mh spinning rod (15-40lb, 1-4oz) to target fluke primarily. I'll be jigging from a boat most outings and fishing from the shore some. Looking for recommendations on a spinning reel to pair with it. Would like to keep the price under $200...

1 hour ago, george6308 said:

Old school: Penn 712 or 710 or try 450/4500 SS or 550/5500 SS. 713   /711 if you prefer left handed.

Interesting.. I've got a 4500ss on hand. Collecting dust. I'll try it out. I'm a fluke novice. Haven't jigged much at all since getting rid of the boat 10+ years ago. Thanks for the input!

the retrieval rate on the old penn is prob a lot slower than a new real.....thats a good thing.....im sure that the back bay is a great reel....I really like penn conflict 2 bc it is so light...

I always use my Van Staals for just about every other surf fishing situation but the Daiwa BG is awesome especially for the money and the Tsunami Shield does the job pretty well too with the seals on the surf

18 hours ago, Capt. Lou said:

Daiwa  Ballistic 3000 , I’ve used for last couple seasons on my EDGE spinner, 7.6 ‘!

Complete outfit weighs about ‘14 oz’s ! 

I've been using a 5k this spring. I like it. I think initially I'll use something I have on hand. Even with the ballistic 5k I would be at approximately 1 pound for rod and reel. Thanks!

I have a Stradic Ci4 4000FA on my shore fluke rod, it’s nice and light.   I’d look at the out going Stradic FK in what ever size you like.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:25 PM, ne_dan said:

I have a Stradic Ci4 4000FA on my shore fluke rod, it’s nice and light.   I’d look at the out going Stradic FK in what ever size you like.

Think an FK 2500 is too small? From a boat