HugeDinghy

Mojo Surf- who has snapped one?

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, rdiezel said:

That’s it? I thought warranty meant free replacement, what if “it” breaks again?

It'll cost you $20 to ship in the broken one, then another warrantee fee. Just get the replacement.

I was looking at their website earlier and if I remember correctly it had said that one would have to pay $20 for a shipping label and head over to a fed ex to ship out the rod. What was unclear to me was whether I send everything or just the top piece, I haven’t gotten to do anything yet because I get home late from work.

6 mins ago, rdiezel said:

That’s it? I thought warranty meant free replacement, what if “it” breaks again?

It very well can be free. Mine was definitely out of the warranty period. 

2 mins ago, rdiezel said:

I was looking at their website earlier and if I remember correctly it had said that one would have to pay $20 for a shipping label and head over to a fed ex to ship out the rod. What was unclear to me was whether I send everything or just the top piece, I haven’t gotten to do anything yet because I get home late from work.

Send the whole thing in if you go that route. The wording is slightly misleading on their page. $20 shipping fee to get the new rod to you. You still have to pay to send the old one in, which is like $15 or 20 and you need a giant tube to mail it in. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I snapped my 10'6 3/4-4 above the ferrule casting a 2 3/8 SS Little Neck popper.  It lasted a whopping 5 casts.

I sent it back and they sent me a brand new rod.

Edited by Theiceman33

8 mins ago, coldclam said:

It very well can be free. Mine was definitely out of the warranty period. 

That’s not a bad deal at all.

6 mins ago, Kima said:

Send the whole thing in if you go that route. The wording is slightly misleading on their page. $20 shipping fee to get the new rod to you. You still have to pay to send the old one in, which is like $15 or 20 and you need a giant tube to mail it in. 

Ok will do thanks!

i had one and the reel seat starting spinning, sent it back for warranty and the new ones reel seat started spinning.. sent it back for the third time and once again the 3rd rods reel seat spun, biggest pieces of **** rods

Wow timely thread.   Just got back from a fluke trip in mass and one of the guys snapped his mojo about 6 inches from the tip after a snag.  My brother said his snapped about 3 inches down and he just kept it shorter and added a tip and claims its stronger.   Not the surf rods but that tells ya something about these rods.   I was considering getting one but now I wont be.

Never snapped one but got a broken reel seat. Duct taped it since it was after the warranty. Never had an issue after that. St Croixs warranty cent we is great tho. Go online amd check it out

On 6/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, rdiezel said:

I have the 10’6” 3/4-4oz, tried to pull out this bluefish from a rock, the rod only had about one month of actual use. Still haven’t gotten to send it out, hopefully it will be covered. :why:

73F0FDE6-E214-45F5-A3C1-29908D0FDB1A.jpeg

man, talk about park and cast...you don't even have to get out of the car...

36 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

man, talk about park and cast...you don't even have to get out of the car...

Yea, only when it’s empty.

I've had the 10'6 3/4-4oz for several years. Haven't broken it yet. It's not in the top 3 of my go-to's though so it doesn't get fished all that much.