HugeDinghy

Mojo Surf- who has snapped one?

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

me but my fault, still love them. Would have no issue buying another one. I break a lot of rods. 

6e28401e_IMG_0827.jpeg7072d844_brokemojo.jpeg

Buy a grapehene infused rod and you can high stick as many of those fish from 90 degree position as you want

5 mins ago, Ravens52988 said:

Youre going off of 3 or 4 posts about a rod that is mass produced so even if you hear bad things about them(which you will with every company) the amount is very miniscule in the grand scheme of things. 

Very true. I couldn’t be happier with the Mojos. I think if it snaps during a fish battle, it’s probably a user error (high-sticking, etc). 

1 hour ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Anyone who has purchased one has snapped one.  Made in Mexico.  Avid is made in the USA.  Upgrade and never look back.

Avids will snap as well.... Look at this monster that put it on my fathers.... LOL!

99CF170D-2F95-45C7-92BB-0F8F0565E0DF.jpeg.3f94eab91b9b6c1a00114edb1b1acc3b.jpeg

37 mins ago, SaltyLocal said:

Not feeling very confident right now as I just purchased a Mojo 10'6" 2-6 oz rod and ordered a 3/4-4oz tip section from St. Croix. Go figure. Although, I'm not fishing for strippers in the canal.

Don't be worried about my earlier comment.  I break things. It's what I do.  Both 9' rods I broke were bought used.  One 10'6" got attached to an Ugly Stick while in a rod holder on a bike.  The Ugly Stick was moving, Mojo wasn't.  The one you would expect to win did.  Another one was in the same rod holder when the bike fell over.

1 hour ago, SaltyLocal said:

Not feeling very confident right now as I just purchased a Mojo 10'6" 2-6 oz rod and ordered a 3/4-4oz tip section from St. Croix. Go figure. Although, I'm not fishing for strippers in the canal.

No strippers at the canal. I am there all the time and never saw one. Saw a dude that looked like Ron Jeremy once. 

I snapped my 9' 3/4-4 casting a 7 " Doc plug. Glued a fiberglass filler in, overwrapped it, and snapped it again 2 trips later 8" closer to the butt. I liked the rod,but it's the only one I've ever broken on a cast. And yes..it was marginally over-loaded.

I broke one. I forget the model, but one of the biggest/heaviest surf spinning rods. It broke on the cast, right where the bottom piece inserts into top. I'm casting the big conventional one this year, the one rated to 16oz... I'm launching 8 and head fairly often and I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Doesnt bother me because of the warranty. Then again, all the conventional heaver people love the Lami 1361 and I shattered that one too, mid launch, at the point of max strain, while launching a 8oz and a head... it broke like 3 inches above the reel seat. I'd rather be breaking Mojos with the warranty. I put a lot of strain on these rods with heavy braid and heavy weight while launching them far... it will happen again and I'm not gonna change the way I cast.

4 hours ago, SaltyLocal said:

i will buy them again and again they are good rods but they do break. They also out cast rods. I have broken century's, tica's shamans and many other rods