kype

my new kayak

12 posts in this topic

hello all

i have been out of kayak fishing for some years now, use to have an ocean kayak prowler 13. sold that years ago. just picked up a hobie outback (2019) . excited to get back on the water again!

KIMG1113.JPG.bc0f46d79567c3adc1a69625c079a318.JPGKIMG1112.JPG.527b92d15ded04e4e6f7862e1f46443b.JPG

50 mins ago, Bigred78 said:

Nice man what areas do you plan on fishing in.

lakes around northern nj. once i get my sea legs back ill hit the back bays. i uses to launch at union beach with my ocean kayak. never tried launching in the surf though. maybe. maybe. 

thanks all. i will be at round valley this sunday for the first time in this kayak. just gonna fish the shorline and coves for bass.

Good luck with the new boat. I've had mine since march it has been great. This was yesterday i caught bass,blues, and about 30 fluke.what an awesome day on the water.

20190612_102421.jpg

6 hours ago, East Ender said:

Good luck with the new boat. I've had mine since march it has been great. This was yesterday i caught bass,blues, and about 30 fluke.what an awesome day on the water.

20190612_102421.jpg

nice. sounds like a great day. what depth finder do you have. i wanna buy one soon. not sure if i should get the side scan or not. 

20 hours ago, Bigred78 said:

I fish a lot of nj northern lakes too and the bay up north if you ever want to head out together

sure thing. no one i know fishes from a kayak so as of now ill be out on the water by myself. 

10 mins ago, kype said:

nice. sounds like a great day. what depth finder do you have. i wanna buy one soon. not sure if i should get the side scan or not. 

I have the lowrance hook 2 tripleshot. Its been a nice unit so far. I just wish I had went with the 7 inch instead of the 5.