ljschroe

No fish in RI, only deer...

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I went out to Prudence like 15 years ago with some friends to walk and fish the island. I think we were removing ticks for days afterwards ! :shock:

I've kept spiders, scorpions, snakes etc as pets when I was younger, they don't bother me....Ticks creep me the hell out! 

A couple of weeks ago heading down Rt 24 to Newport area to catch an early am tide, it was crazy foggy, to the point i was going no more than 50 mph and struggling to see. I came up on a good size deer just standing in the slow lane like one of those styrofoam archery targets, absolutely oblivious. My heart skipped a beat, and i just swerved around it, just barely missing it. I didn’t go another two miles down the road and saw another one,  laying in the breakdown lane, dead.

They are out there like i haven’t seen in a long time, so keep your eyes peeled if your moving around at night. They just seem to seem to appear when you least expect it. Sorta like that hard strike you get on a super slow night.

9 hours ago, Mack26 said:

A couple of weeks ago heading down Rt 24 to Newport area to catch an early am tide, it was crazy foggy, to the point i was going no more than 50 mph and struggling to see. I came up on a good size deer just standing in the slow lane like one of those styrofoam archery targets, absolutely oblivious. My heart skipped a beat, and i just swerved around it, just barely missing it. I didn’t go another two miles down the road and saw another one,  laying in the breakdown lane, dead.

They are out there like i haven’t seen in a long time, so keep your eyes peeled if your moving around at night. They just seem to seem to appear when you least expect it. Sorta like that hard strike you get on a super slow night.

Yeah, right now the does are pushing last years young ones away, so they can can deliver the new fawns. That's why there are a lot of young deer running around, crossing roads and getting hit.

June is the second highest car/deer collision month, second to November, when the rut is on.