ljschroe

No fish in RI, only deer...

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

the volume of deer is crazy right now, not even including the new batch of fawns.  Need the coyote population to start taking down a few more deer.  Coyote numbers in my area fell off a cliff about 3 years ago.

That's a very brave man and seems like a damn good fisherman...... :laugh::laugh:

45 mins ago, Kooky said:

the volume of deer is crazy right now, not even including the new batch of fawns.  Need the coyote population to start taking down a few more deer.  Coyote numbers in my area fell off a cliff about 3 years ago.

That's a very brave man and seems like a damn good fisherman...... :laugh::laugh:

hahaha...but anyways!

The DEM officer was sure it swam from Block

One of the more interesting sights I've seen .... years ago I was in a rental in the Arnolda section of Ninigret on a cove. There was a tiny island in the middle of the cove, no more than half an acre. One day, three deer swim out to the island! 

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Thats wild. Nice job lennon. But too bad channel 10 burned the spot. :p

I know, he was too thorough, going down there!  Not only that, but my comment about how it was only "casting practice" down there was edited out :(

He must have gone down right after the interview...even got video from the wildlife clinic...

Nice work, bud!  Always keeping watch :howdy:

A while back I was hanging on the beach at Chatham Light with some friends.  Place was packed. Suddenly there’s all this commotion and we see a deer come running on the sand and then jump into the channel off South Beach. The deer started swimming, drifting with the outgoing. One of the more bizarre things I’ve seen. Couldn’t help but think that deer didn’t make it very far. 

:) Apparently (I've learned a lot about deer this week) they are very good swimmers and are known to make the swim from Block Island to the mainland and vice-versa.  I've now heard stories of them swimming across the bay, local ponds, rivers, lakes, etc.  Crazy...I never knew.  

Also, that fawn was so clean.  No smell at all.  Shivering, sneezing and coughing water, belly gurgling the whole time I was holding it.  I took those clues to indicate that it had been in the water awhile.  I was actually worried it was going to poop all over me, at some point.  45 minutes I held it until DEM got there.