saltydawg

Alabama's castration law

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has signed into law legislation that would require certain sex offenders to be chemically castrated before their parole.

Gov. Kay Ivey's press office said Monday that she had signed the bill, which is to take effect later this year. The measure applies to sex offenders convicted of certain crimes involving children younger than 13.

Chemical castration involves injection of medication that blocks testosterone production. Under the measure, certain offenders must receive the medication before they are paroled from prison. A judge would decide when the medication could be stopped.

A lot of stuff going down in the Cotton State...what are your thoughts on this? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I'd rather see a child rapist executed,

Alabama would like to see that child rape victim have the baby,

and the rapist gets parental rights. right?

or am I confusing alabama with another state pushing this zero tolerance crap....

Edited by fish'nmagician

It’s interesting, given that 14 is the age that marriage is allowed with parental consent. While these types of people are society’s worst, this may go to the courts as a violation of the 8th Amendment. 

Disagree.  If a person did their time then they did their time.  A better alternative would be life in prison.

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

Alabama would like to see that child rape victim have the baby,

and the rapist gets parental rights. right?

or am I confusing alabama with another state pushing this zero tolerance crap....

I am pro abortion and think it's ridiculous for a woman that was raped to be forced to have a cxhild she doesn't want.

What does what you said have anything to do with how I feel about child rapists? I'd rather see them dead than in jail sucking up tax payer money. Scumbags that rape a 5 year old don't deserve a place in society.

1 min ago, ridenfish said:

I am pro abortion and think it's ridiculous for a woman that was raped to be forced to have a cxhild she doesn't want.

What does what you said have anything to do with how I feel about child rapists? I'd rather see them dead than in jail sucking up tax payer money. Scumbags that rape a 5 year old don't deserve a place in society.

The left is already making a push to normalize pedophiles as part of the LQBTQ+ crowd.  Seeing it in Europe already with the labour party. 

Knew it was bound to happen

4 mins ago, ridenfish said:

What does what you said have anything to do with how I feel about child rapists? 

it has to do with how they are treated,

in a couple of these zero tolerance states the rapist actually has parental rights.

4 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

in a couple of these zero tolerance states the rapist actually has parental rights.

Are you making this up?

4 mins ago, Billybob said:

Are you making this up?

In two states it can happen...

But that has been hashed out in multiple abortion threads. Back to castration: is it not cruel and unusual? Seems cut and dried to me. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, saltydawg said:

. Back to castration: is it not cruel and unusual? Seems cut and dried to me. 

LOL.

Should make them wear it on a chain around their neck

Edited by jkrock

10 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some proof of this

2 mins ago, saltydawg said:

In two states it can happen...

But that has been hashed out in multiple abortion threads. Back to castration: is it not cruel and unusual? Seems cut and dried to me. 

Works for me, they won't be raping any little kids anymore