Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kookermonga

CCB flounder

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

So the reports were that the flounder bite in the Welfleet, Eastham, Brewster, Dennis area was hot this year.  Any thoughts as to what caused it?  Anyone fish for winter flounder in CCB this year and have better than normal returns?  I would love to see this fishery return to CCB, makes me harken back to my youth :worms:

I had a boat in Sesuit near the Albatross day boat and they were doing very well with winter flounder just outside the harbor.

1 hour ago, jason colby said:

The body of flounder that they are working have not yet been found by the draggers....

from what you hear, is this year special? or has the fishery been more stable the last few years on Cape, maybe the return of some eel grass beds?  trying to be optimistic here :) 

2 hours ago, Kookermonga said:

from what you hear, is this year special? or has the fishery been more stable the last few years on Cape, maybe the return of some eel grass beds?  trying to be optimistic here :) 

I've spoken to Captain Chip on the Albatross and to Captain Mike from the Bad Dog and they both said the fishing has been stable on the mussel beds and if anything, it has been getting a little better each year but the fish are not "too big". Like Boston Harbor, it is only a matter of time before the draggers find that patch of fish and wipe them from the face of the earth. Then, when the last flounder is killed off the fishery managers will say: "how could we have seen that coming"???

DUH!

14 hours ago, jason colby said:

I've spoken to Captain Chip on the Albatross and to Captain Mike from the Bad Dog and they both said the fishing has been stable on the mussel beds and if anything, it has been getting a little better each year but the fish are not "too big". Like Boston Harbor, it is only a matter of time before the draggers find that patch of fish and wipe them from the face of the earth. Then, when the last flounder is killed off the fishery managers will say: "how could we have seen that coming"???

DUH!

so short sighted.... i dont get it.

21 hours ago, jason colby said:

The body of flounder that they are working have not yet been found by the draggers....

Jason, i was in this area a few weeks ago and unfortunately there were draggers around the area, almost on top of them

Did a trip with Captain Mike of Bad Dog  earlier this week. Full limit of Flounder in short order, then transitioned over to bass. Great day!