bassturds

Galway, Ireland

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

It's been a while, but the last time I checked, you don't need a license for trout.  The locals want Pike and Salmon.  That leaves a lot of streams open for good trout fishing.  Ireland has more restrictive stream access and private property laws.  I suggest ignoring them.  

I’d rather go for pike and salmon to! I don’t get them often 

23 hours ago, golden said:

But save time to bounce around the pubs in galway - my favorite city in ireland.  Check out the Quays, and Tig Cioli

If you happen to see my distant cousin Stanislaw (Stach) McDoungh please give him my best...……...

DSC_0501 (2).JPG

I was in the Galway area last year. The fishing laws are very restrictive but saying "I'm a tourist from the states" is a pretty good get out of jail free card. A lot of streams are privately run and only allow a certain number of anglers per day. I can recommend a guide to you though. Ritchie at "fish the wild Atlantic" you'll have to Google it for the website. He is based in Westport but travels up and down for clients. He'll tailor a trip for you, I waded Newport Bay for sea ru. Rainbow trout.

5 hours ago, dark_helmet said:

I was in the Galway area last year. The fishing laws are very restrictive but saying "I'm a tourist from the states" is a pretty good get out of jail free card. A lot of streams are privately run and only allow a certain number of anglers per day. I can recommend a guide to you though. Ritchie at "fish the wild Atlantic" you'll have to Google it for the website. He is based in Westport but travels up and down for clients. He'll tailor a trip for you, I waded Newport Bay for sea ru. Rainbow trout.

Thanks for the info. Sea run bows sounds pretty fun

Mother was born in Salthill. If you make it to the Blarney Stone do not kiss it.  The locals pee on it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Mother was born in Salthill. If you make it to the Blarney Stone do not kiss it.  The locals pee on it. 

Yep! I was heard that! Hahaha!

Edited by bassturds