Credit Score and Paying off Loans

Rate this topic

Mummichog

1 hour ago, Bowhunter32 said:

Fwiw if you are using creditkarma or credit sesame they are not all that accurate all the time . I often find mine is off by about 40 points when I go to have it "hard" pulled..

Yeah, the capital one free check I had was 30 or 40 points lower than when my mortgage guy checked.  I want to make sure it's as high as it gets before I re-fi.  But, I also don't want to wait for interest rates to go up.

14 hours ago, JaseB said:

You guys are missing the other part of the equation.  Loan amount.  It's easy to save that much per month shaving 50 bps off a loan.  Million dollar loan and 50 bps drop in rate is $287 a month over 30. 

I forget that most folks borrow way more than I did.

Thanks

32 mins ago, JaseB said:

How much is your assessment?

On my house? Town has it assessed at around 360k. But I know for a fact I could get over 400k for it. I built it myself in 01 02. I owe 190k on it. Lost a lot of equity when I had to refi back in 07 when the market started to crash. Back then I only 170k on it. I’d have it paid off by now. Life goes on though. 

27 mins ago, gray gables said:

On my house? Town has it assessed at around 360k. But I know for a fact I could get over 400k for it. I built it myself in 01 02. I owe 190k on it. Lost a lot of equity when I had to refi back in 07 when the market started to crash. Back then I only 170k on it. I’d have it paid off by now. Life goes on though. 

Wow. Your tax rate is triple mine.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter