cashews121

Mosquitoes have started

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

A dude I used to fish with awhile back.  Had an insane allergy....mosquito bites looked like he got punch while on kumadin (blood thinner)

Huge amounts of swelling....and a nasty almost baseball sized contusion.

He used this super potent lemon scented crap.  That was so strong Those down breeze would make a conscious effort to move.   It definitely worked......but none of us ever asked for any lol....

Heard there's some victoria secret perfume that's been around forever that is supposed to be crazy good as a skeeter repeller.

Yes Coumadin will cause someone to bruise easily no doubt.

Florida here. I'm just fascinated by the fact that you guys evidently have a seasonal reprieve. 24/7/365 here. Mosquitoes bother me far less than our biting gnats. Having recently moved to a more rural area of coastal Florida, I'm not adjusting well. I get lit up while pumping gas (seriously).

14 mins ago, Local66 said:

Florida here. I'm just fascinated by the fact that you guys evidently have a seasonal reprieve. 24/7/365 here. Mosquitoes bother me far less than our biting gnats. Having recently moved to a more rural area of coastal Florida, I'm not adjusting well. I get lit up while pumping gas (seriously).

I fished Sebastian one night with no wind in shorts and a t-shirt.  I looked like a leper from all the no-see um bites the next day.  Itchiest day of my life.  You guys have far better fish but certainly have to deal with some more nuisances.

6 mins ago, bbfish said:

I fished Sebastian one night with no wind in shorts and a t-shirt.  I looked like a leper from all the no-see um bites the next day.  Itchiest day of my life.  You guys have far better fish but certainly have to deal with some more nuisances.

I'm 4 miles from the inlet, you'll have the same experience on my back porch.

Sissies :p at least you guys get a break... like was said already, We get no break... but we do have less bugs depending on where you go.... South end of Florida is the worst even during the day at times... But you also have to dress for it.. long sleeve/pants and then the bug spray.. I even have the really nasty stuff that you spray on your clothes...I also fish a lot of golf ponds late at nite and at times the bugs are like clouds that you run into, and if you have your mouth open.. get ready to shallow some bugs LOL...

four miles from the inlet... yea that's bug heaven over there, but I would take that in a heartbeat if I could:beatin:…. Oh and if you do fish our inner waters during the day... there's a new sun screen spray that also a bug spray... I try it out last weekend in the intercoastal and it work pretty good...

On 6/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, cashews121 said:

Yes Coumadin will cause someone to bruise easily no doubt.

No doubt.....but he wasn't  on it....that's just what mosquito bites looked like

12 hours ago, Drako said:

Sissies :p at least you guys get a break... like was said already, We get no break... but we do have less bugs depending on where you go.... South end of Florida is the worst even during the day at times... But you also have to dress for it.. long sleeve/pants and then the bug spray.. I even have the really nasty stuff that you spray on your clothes...I also fish a lot of golf ponds late at nite and at times the bugs are like clouds that you run into, and if you have your mouth open.. get ready to shallow some bugs LOL...

four miles from the inlet... yea that's bug heaven over there, but I would take that in a heartbeat if I could:beatin:…. Oh and if you do fish our inner waters during the day... there's a new sun screen spray that also a bug spray... I try it out last weekend in the intercoastal and it work pretty good...

I follow a few of those Hot in stag ram fisherchicks......... I always ask in the comment sections what insect repellent they use since none have so much as a single mosquito bite.  Passive aggressive way to say nice ass....but who called you to come take a photo with a fish they caught......and I hope you got there quick and that fish swam away healthy.

On 6/14/2019 at 0:15 PM, crazybellringer said:

I will take beer for 100  Alex.

I am not sure if i will need something for my skin.  

My problem is there is a good bite i want to hit on saturday and the bugs might be bad. 

How did you make out Saturday?

Check this out for your next trip...:D

or

19 hours ago, alaskansteve said:

I was way up in the back woods of Quebec trying to catch creek chubs for bait, while the guides where starting to prepare our shore lunch. When all of a sudden nature calls. So I dropped them and all of a sudden I was under attack and getting bitten everywhere. The family jewels and every inch of exposed skin was under attack. So I started running with my pants down cutting my skivvies off whipping myself as I tried to get the hell out of there. When I got back to camp, everyone had a good laugh at my expense. Swatting a few mosquitoes is one thing, but being attacked my millions is another.

Edited by Lou T

Yeah, hate those tiger mosquitos like none other!

The "regular" bugs can be annoying but tolerable, but the tigers are down right nasty and aggressive.

They will fly in your eyes, ears and even nose. Unlike the smaller mosquitos, tigers don't have to land and feed. They do what I call a "hit-and-run" bite. They avoid getting swatted by being so mobile.

I will fish a spot down in Duxbury during the summer, and even when it's in the 80's at night I will be wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker. Fortunately because I use braid, I wear gloves to make lifting fish easier (better grip on the braid). I will either wear a face shield or use bug spray (DEET) on any exposed skin. People might think I'm crazy, but I'd rather sweat than itch and scratch my night away!

I always get a kick when I see someone dressed for a day at the beach as the sun sets and the bloodsuckers come out in full force. That's when you get to see/hear their "Mosquito Slap Dance"....