cashews121

Mosquitoes have started

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Last week I was on a South Shore Pier at around 11 PM and the Mosquitoes were out in force. I ran into this article which I found interesting,and hopeful.

https://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garden/cdc-confirms-lemon-eucalyptus-oil-as-effective-as-deet.html?fbclid=IwAR2a89goJMlPGZA2x_lnmGXGKTK853myCdvxtY4EMu6zRsjKdpTwon8-H7s

4 hours ago, cashews121 said:

Last week I was on a South Shore Pier at around 11 PM and the Mosquitoes were out in force. I ran into this article which I found interesting,and hopeful.

https://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garden/cdc-confirms-lemon-eucalyptus-oil-as-effective-as-deet.html?fbclid=IwAR2a89goJMlPGZA2x_lnmGXGKTK853myCdvxtY4EMu6zRsjKdpTwon8-H7s

All it does is season you up for the bugs. My girlfriend, although an avid Fisher, refuses to use anything with deet if she can. She bought a bottle of that mix and the mosquitos and especially the noseeums could not care less. At least it makes you smell nice.

I hate bugs that bite or bother you while fishing, all others are cool with me. I don't like fishing unless the wind is blowing 8kts. anything under that I feel the fish bite is slow but the bug bite is phenomenal!

5 hours ago, prican1 said:

I hate bugs that bite or bother you while fishing, all others are cool with me. I don't like fishing unless the wind is blowing 8kts. anything under that I feel the fish bite is slow but the bug bite is phenomenal!

Especially love when they get in your eyes and you blink, crushing them. That's always lovely.

There's no better way to open up all that beautiful real estate on the jetty or beach than mosquitoes....... when everyone's running for cover, ya gotta embrace the moment ;)

Mock it all you want but I've saved more than one fishing trip when the bite's on.... sometimes there's nothing you can do. to keep the swarm away...

I always have one stashed somewhere in my gear bin....

5d00ec528e19e_skeetanet.jpeg.7af339245c6c938180a23e33603ca27b.jpeg

I use deep woods off when needed. Nothing worse than having a trip ruined because of mosquitos. Most times it's not too bad since the wind is usually blowing. If the wind is dead then the mosquitos are more difficult to deal with.

10 hours ago, G8trwood said:

Mesh, thermocells if no wind, raingear ;) soon the noseeums should make the skeeters seem irrelevant..

Thermocells work,,but the chemical in there defeats the purpose.

nothing worse then biting bugs. i use permethrin. works really well, but make sure the clothing you sprayed is fully dried. great for ticks as well. 

14 hours ago, kype said:

nothing worse then biting bugs. i use permethrin. works really well, but make sure the clothing you sprayed is fully dried. great for ticks as well. 

ahha, thx, gonna tell that to the guys here talking on this theme also.