coastalfreak

Anybody use bass worms in saltwater?

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

23 mins ago, Matteo78 said:

3” Senkos work amazing for a worm hatch, especially the watermelon flake colors

Thanks for the tip:) will pick up a pack of Senkos

I've been using ribbontail worms from the various bait companies for a long time to target Stripers. I've mentioned it before on SOL. My favorite is the Culprit Fat Max, which they make in many colors, and in 6", 7" & 9" lengths. :howdy:

I've used the largest Yamamoto Senko worms ( 6/7") in black or blue for stripers and done really well with them. I rig them like a double hook Slug-go but with smaller hooks and with smaller weights. The only problem is these worms are expensive and that they rip apart easily. One bait = one fish.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Have huge bulk bag of old school powerbait ribbon tail worms in wine red .. they work very well on back of wine red buck .. gonna be sad when they all gone 

i dont think the stripers now they they supposed to be for large mouths lol 

C0E815B2-AD21-4EC8-91C1-8AE268B27F3F.jpeg

Edited by Wire For Fire

11 hours ago, 0119 said:

Snook, Reds, Spotted Seatrout and Flounder on ZMan Ned Rigs,using TRD's and the 4" TRD's.

Dang!  I thought I "discovered" that. 

Look at Z-Man's Trout Tricks.  They're just a worm.  (Buoyancy of Z-man's plastic holds them up while the jig head is on the bottom.  Very effective.)

I have had some success with the 7" and 9 " Slug-go SS which I believe are more commonly used in freshwater fishing.

2 hours ago, DZ said:

SenkoArticle 013.jpg

DZ, that is a nice setup - I imagine this at night during a sand eel bite to be lethal. What weight is pictured here?  Just curious.

16 mins ago, MarkyGee said:

DZ, that is a nice setup - I imagine this at night during a sand eel bite to be lethal. What weight is pictured here?  Just curious.

3/4 oz worm head thru wired.  I generally use the largest senkos  available which is 7”.  Bass pro makes knockoffs called stick-o’s which are more economical