coastalfreak

Anybody use bass worms in saltwater?

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

I was sorting my tackle in my garage, and I was going through some of my bass stuff. 

I got curious, do you guys think that freshwater bass worms like your Zoom Trick Worms and such could represent eels or the like in saltwater? Seems kind of like a cheaper alternative, but I don't know for sure. 

Yes, The late Tim Coleman used Berkeley Power Worms and 1/2 ounce Andrus jig heads.  I copied his technique and have used them with great success.

43 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

I was sorting my tackle in my garage, and I was going through some of my bass stuff. 

I got curious, do you guys think that freshwater bass worms like your Zoom Trick Worms and such could represent eels or the like in saltwater? Seems kind of like a cheaper alternative, but I don't know for sure. 

I have used mann;s grape augertail jelly worms on a 5/8 oz leadhead with good results esp around bridge abutments and channel edges.

I had a bag of 100 and used every one of them till they were gone.

the fish slammed them hard,this was during late fall.

HH

zoom magnum trick worm. I have copied them in all the popular weakfish, fluke and striped bass colors added some scent as well , can be used on just round jig head or make great tail for a bucktail

I caught one of the biggest fluke (8+ pounds) I ever caught on a 8” red rubber worm on the top hook on a high/low bottom fishing rig. In my experience they will catch but not as good as gulp products.  It fun to experiment though and I still try different fresh water plastics from time to time when the bite is good.