Fox

Catching any Snook from the Jupiter Beach?

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Plenty of beach snook action.  Catch and release now both coast but that’s ok. Still a fun fish to catch, especially from the surf!

Sunset snook action lol 

AF66F192-92BB-47C5-8C61-6F8BE4396A01.jpeg.a7315ed5599695aea23c5149f6661adb.jpeg

917B7686-9C61-4210-A161-2AA9CD7C0527.jpeg.a641ff07be5e33011b441e1f8006565c.jpeg

LOL that's just the start of it... they will getting bigger and you should be able to see them from the surf later in the months to come, right now most of them are still just staging inside of the inlets... go to any of the docks "Late" at night and shine a light into the water....(Make sure the tides are turning either way, doesnt matter most of the time) and you will get a eye opening of just how many snooks are out there...but its all for sport right now... like was said earlier its all catch and release right now...Oh and if you fish the surf/rocks or even dock... they will be right at your feet, no need to cast for distance....Zcoker did you catch that one of a lure or live bait?  I'm going big with live bait and heavy setup, but i'm also fishing in combat zone....:eek: LOL....

Thanks guys! I'm too old to be climbing the rocks, so going to try on the beach, early and or late. I understand about the release, just hoping for some fun. Nice fish, Zcoker thanks for sharing and you too, Drako. Probably be using mostly lures, have either one of you used the Live Target Croaker?

Thanks again, appreciated the info. 

3 hours ago, Drako said:

...Zcoker did you catch that one of a lure or live bait?  I'm going big with live bait and heavy setup, but i'm also fishing in combat zone....:eek: LOL....

I only use lures for snook. That afternoon old school 85m rocked! Got s few nice ones back to back

14 hours ago, zcoker said:

I only use lures for snook. That afternoon old school 85m rocked! Got s few nice ones back to back

Unfortunately the area's i fish don't allow for lures unless you want them lost.... but out in the surf i had luck with just about any lure that you put in front of them, this time of yr.... People keep searching for that "Magic" lure and IMHO there isnt any.... Put faith in what you are using and if they are in the mood they will hit it.... i have seen snooks hit just about everything in the surf/inlet during the closed season...The funniest one was a little old lady with a gold spoon.... we netted it for her and she was happy... until we told her, that they were out of season and had to be release...the look that she gave us was priceless...:laugh::laugh:  Oh and that 85m as always been a great lure... i been changing out to single hooks on my lures and didnt realize i had that many of them...LOL...and the funny part is i fish live bait 90% .. i'm kinda of stupid that way :banghd:

22 hours ago, zcoker said:

Plenty of beach snook action.  Catch and release now both coast but that’s ok. Still a fun fish to catch, especially from the surf!

Sunset snook action lol 

AF66F192-92BB-47C5-8C61-6F8BE4396A01.jpeg.a7315ed5599695aea23c5149f6661adb.jpeg

917B7686-9C61-4210-A161-2AA9CD7C0527.jpeg.a641ff07be5e33011b441e1f8006565c.jpeg

Sunset? Are you on the West Coast?

Yep. Over there every week. Snook thick all over....east coast, west coast, making a nice come-back 

2 hours ago, Drako said:

Unfortunately the area's i fish don't allow for lures unless you want them lost.... but out in the surf i had luck with just about any lure that you put in front of them, this time of yr.... People keep searching for that "Magic" lure and IMHO there isnt any.... Put faith in what you are using and if they are in the mood they will hit it.... i have seen snooks hit just about everything in the surf/inlet during the closed season...The funniest one was a little old lady with a gold spoon.... we netted it for her and she was happy... until we told her, that they were out of season and had to be release...the look that she gave us was priceless...:laugh::laugh:  Oh and that 85m as always been a great lure... i been changing out to single hooks on my lures and didnt realize i had that many of them...LOL...and the funny part is i fish live bait 90% .. i'm kinda of stupid that way :banghd:

My go-to has always been the jig for snook but that old 85m always seems to get attention. No doubt about location dictating what to use. I’m just bait lazy, park and fish my style lol. 

I'm going big with live bait and heavy setup, but i'm also fishing in combat zone....:eek: LOL....

Just curious as to what live bait you are using, not familiar with some of the baitfish available? Possibly Croakers or Mullet? How long are they this time of year?

1 hour ago, Fox said:

I'm going big with live bait and heavy setup, but i'm also fishing in combat zone....:eek: LOL....

Just curious as to what live bait you are using, not familiar with some of the baitfish available? Possibly Croakers or Mullet? How long are they this time of year?

Keep it simple and use whatever you are able to catch... and trust me it isn't easy at times...

Baitfish that I normally get inshore> Croakers/Mullets/Mojarra/pinfish/pigfish/spots/silver trout/Grunt/whiting... I stick to those most of the time and if I catch big whitebait then I use those also, oh and I forgot Jumbo live shrimp...that's like candy at times...… and as far as size goes.. I like large baits that way I weed out all the little guys..... and like anything else you have to match your gear to the size bait you are using and also the areas you will be fishing... don't go pitching a live hand size bait under a dock/pier or even rocks with a 4000 size reel or try it and see :laugh:... Then there are those fish that no matter what you bring, they will still beat you... that's part of the game...and that's what makes it fun...

I'm always envy of people that stick to just lures...it's easier/cleaner and more rewarding at times compared to live bait fishing... (Not saying that livebait isn't rewarding, it is)

When you go the live bait route> if you aren't willing to put in the time to catch/keep them alive/transport and being dirty and smelling all the time LOL...then it isn't for you..... I just can't seem to get away from it, we have a member here "Local66" he is a monster when it comes to lure/flyfishing… he once told me(on the forum) to leave everything at home and just take lures... I try it and I did okay, but the rush for me wasn't there... but I always take a lure bag with me, just incase I don't catch the live bait needed for that day..

There is a magic lure for snook off my beach: 5/8 oz, rabbit zonker tail, white works best. All these caught me many many in the trough last year. The chartreuse one has a piece of chamois on the the hook shank.

52AE12A9-4494-42D2-BA03-C9B370680888.jpeg.cb7d1777a6dce1792b05b31647f9d83f.jpeg

On 6/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Fox said:

Anyone fishing the beach for Snook? Having any success?

Thanks in advance 

I've had two days this week where I've lost count. No slobs yet, but steady action if you've got good eyes. 

20190610_085008.jpg

4 hours ago, icarussound said:

There is a magic lure for snook off my beach: 5/8 oz, rabbit zonker tail, white works best. All these caught me many many in the trough last year. The chartreuse one has a piece of chamois on the the hook shank.

52AE12A9-4494-42D2-BA03-C9B370680888.jpeg.cb7d1777a6dce1792b05b31647f9d83f.jpeg

NICE! Do you tie these?