icarussound

First responders to 9/11 act

Rate this topic

182 posts in this topic

I’m not posting or reading in this forum these days but this is worth making a noise about.

This act is to be voted on tomorrow, the testimony is for the house judiciary committee, YouTube link follows

Here is a lib that loves his country and he is correct in that the Congressmen not showing up here is shameful. And as a New Yorker Trump should be leading the way. Shameful indeed.

2 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Here is a lib that loves his country and he is correct in that the Congressmen not showing up here is shameful. And as a New Yorker Trump should be leading the way. Shameful indeed.

Trump has mentioned this in the past. Congress is to blame here. NOT Trump!

Posted (edited) · Report post

"Local, state and federal officials have rallied around the Never Forget the Heroes Act, which would provide funding for the victim fund through fiscal year 2090."

2090?  If we are funding something through 2090, this is about a whole lot more than 9/11 first responder healthcare needs.  This why people look sideways at calls to fund things in Congress.  

Edited by Slacker

As some one who is registered with the WTC/ Mt. Sinai Health Registry for first responders / construction workers who spent a significant amount of time on the pile - at the site , my only comment , besides thank you to the fine folks who run this program is this : There needs to be better oversight as to who is utilizing this benefit . This fund is being used as a giant piggy bank by scumbags who have no legit claim to money’s or health benefits. I was there from day one . I’ve had opportunities to “git mines “. No thank you . I’ve been called a fool , a sucker . I sleep well at night knowing , so far , I’m ok physically . Mentally , I wonder . Too , too many good men & woman had their lives cut short on that day and in the years to follow . One of the reasons it’s running out of $$$ is because of greedy soulless scumbags & their bottom feeding parasitic lawyers playing on the conscious of decent folks looking to do the right thing . Bill J 

This is NOT the 1st time this program has been tried to be cut short . 1st responders and volunteers NEED to be taken care of with correct medical care . When their county was in trouble they respond quickly no questions asked . The ugliest in politics is staring everyone in the face . Washington has to do the right thing . Mr Jon Stewart. Is a great man and great American . God bless him and God bless America 

Word has it that the congressmen/women were "monitoring the hearing but could not attend as they were too busy pursuing other matters..." Anyone that believes that crap is just plain stupid. And as to pursuing other matters.....

Like chasing phantom collusion and obstruction charges, or attempting to vote themselves a pay raise hidden in an already misguided, but unfortunately popular minimum wage law. :dismay:

They should be ashamed of themselves, and the people that voted for them should be embarrassed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

That fund set a hell of a precedent for future disasters.  Alot of money went to middle class well insured people already paying for, or capable of paying for good health , life and disability insurance.

Look I was there, and i am registered with the fund should I get some weird cancer or lung disease.  So far so good but I took many deep breaths of solid dust from the collapse.   I was right in the zone when it went down. Coughed it up for weeks going to and from work.   

I also recently signed an afadavit for a friend putting in a claim for asthma as a result of 911. She was there.  But is her asthma.. . 15 to 18 years later a result of 911? I dont know.  I do know she isnt in any financial hardship.  At least i assume she isnt.  No kids, her and her spouse work decent jobs...  But she was there so I signed it.  It's not my job to decide her claim.  I just think its sadly common for people to line up to get theirs before the getting is gone.  

Edited by JimG

a bunch of people who want these programs are New York City's police and firemen.

do they get health benefits (insurance) through the government?

just wondering.

because, why doesn't the insurance they have already cover this?  do their union leaders not know that some 2 story building might be just as unhealthy after it burns down? 

but but but 9/11

:dismay:

Eddy - while I can certainly see where you are coming from and in some ways tend to agree, I think that 9-11 needs some special consideration, as in reality it was an act of war, if not a formally declared war.

And while I don't want taxpayers paying for most things the government currently demands they do, one of the only functions of a legitimate US Federal Government as defined in the Constitution is to protect our borders from attack.

As such, I feel these first responders were actually soldiers in a war, and one of the very few groups of people that the government should be footing the bill for.

And they are very few other things I would say this about.

5 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Word has it that the congressmen/women were "monitoring the hearing but could not attend as they were too busy pursuing other matters..." Anyone that believes that crap is just plain stupid. And as to pursuing other matters.....

Like chasing phantom collusion and obstruction charges, or attempting to vote themselves a pay raise hidden in an already misguided, but unfortunately popular minimum wage law. :dismay:

They should be ashamed of themselves, and the people that voted for them should be embarrassed.

is it the Dems or Republicans who resist this?

your post suggests it's the dems,

I don't think that's true.

shame on you for pushing a false narrative.

JimG , Exactly what I was referring too. Some of the get overs were- are subtle , some blatant BS story’s. Your 100% right , was your colleagues ailment caused by 911? Like you said, who knows ? Our experiences parallel each other at least on that first day , I don’t know where you where as it went from the “pile to the pit to the site” , however , I appreiciate you & anyone else’s efforts . I hope you remain healthy . It’s the grifters & scammers disgusting attempts to make a buck from this horror that pisses me off . My solution , a small portion of any funds appropriated should be utilized to better verifie claims . It will pay for it self . Stay Well , Bill J 

25 mins ago, oneeyewilly said:

JimG , Exactly what I was referring too. Some of the get overs were- are subtle , some blatant BS story’s. Your 100% right , was your colleagues ailment caused by 911? Like you said, who knows ? Our experiences parallel each other at least on that first day , I don’t know where you where as it went from the “pile to the pit to the site” , however , I appreiciate you & anyone else’s efforts . I hope you remain healthy . It’s the grifters & scammers disgusting attempts to make a buck from this horror that pisses me off . My solution , a small portion of any funds appropriated should be utilized to better verifie claims . It will pay for it self . Stay Well , Bill J 

Just to be clear.  I wasnt a first responder.  I was hit with the thick cloud of dust and breathed it in so thick that I  coughed it up in wads and continued working nearby there.  The dust would get in my building and all over everything.  

55 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

is it the Dems or Republicans who resist this?

your post suggests it's the dems,

I don't think that's true.

shame on you for pushing a false narrative.

That so called false narrative came directly from CBS newsradio this morning on WBZ Boston. So if you want to say it is false, so be it. But be more careful in the future, cause yu may just expose the left leaning trait of the media..............mostly, there was no one there.....................

4 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

That so called false narrative came directly from CBS newsradio this morning on WBZ Boston. So if you want to say it is false, so be it. But be more careful in the future, cause yu may just expose the left leaning trait of the media..............mostly, there was no one there.....................

Steve,

where has the hold up been on getting the authorizations,

from Dems in Congress

or from the Republicans,

I'm asking about facts, not talking points and narratives.