John Stewart in Congress

Rate this topic

Sandflee

8 mins ago, Oakman said:

Screw that, in my book, if you were there the first day, you were a first responder,

Its not going to b a popular position, but imo if you are driving a taxi or working a bodega or ______ you aren't a first responder.   That term is annoying as **** anyway, but lets not minimize it by redefining it as anyone who was in the area.

Thats not to say you shouldnt have access to health coverage, special coverage,  or you didnt have an awfully hard time, but words mean something .

YMMV

3 mins ago, 55555s said:

Its not going to b a popular position, but imo if you are driving a taxi or working a bodega or ______ you aren't a first responder.   That term is annoying as **** anyway, but lets not minimize it by redefining it as anyone who was in the area.

Thats not to say you shouldnt have access to health coverage, special coverage,  or you didnt have an awfully hard time, but words mean something .

YMMV

Agreed, but read Brian's post, he said he worked on site. . . day of . . .

414236251.jpg

This is a week after, 90 West St., me retrieving some equipment and my drum from a space my church rented at the time, pictures don't do it justice, the size of the pile, but this is 7 stories up, hole in the side of the building, you can see the arches from the tower.  The sheer scope of the debris pile was astounding, many people worked that pile without adequate respiratory protection, and not just the first responders. . .

4 mins ago, Oakman said:

414236251.jpg

This is a week after, 90 West St., me retrieving some equipment and my drum from a space my church rented at the time, pictures don't do it justice, the size of the pile, but this is 7 stories up, hole in the side of the building, you can see the arches from the tower.  The sheer scope of the debris pile was astounding, many people worked that pile without adequate respiratory protection, and not just the first responders. . .

In addition to law enforcement etc that was picking thru the pile in Staten Island recovering remains 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Irregardless of what they were seeking these f**cktards of Congress couldn’t have the decency to show up? 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

4 mins ago, Billybob said:

Congress is f'd up, they're not doing any work, they want to give healthcare to illegals, and they want to give themselves a raise.

Screw them, take care of the 911 responders for as long as they need it.

and the same people who can't show up to these hearings are the ones who the first responders want in charge of their health care.

sucks but maybe the first responders should look elsewhere for help.

or the people who don't like how the first respondes were treated should take it upon themselves to make things right for the first responders.

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

8 hours ago, Brother Brian said:

You should try applying for it. Huge run around simply verifying that you were there and after that more BS. I'm convinced that they make it so full of time consuming **** that you either give up or croak waiting . I wasn't a first responder but I was there the day of and for the next 3 days after that on site not to mention months after the area was 'cleared' and my family keeps urging me to follow up but I don't know.. 

Same as va. More run around, less funding on care, more funding on admin

1 hour ago, eddy said:

and the same people who can't show up to these hearings are the ones who the first responders want in charge of their health care.

sucks but maybe the first responders should look elsewhere for help.

or the people who don't like how the first respondes were treated should take it upon themselves to make things right for the first responders.

aren't you already doing that with your taxes?

imagine if a healthcare provider stepped up to the plate

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

1 min ago, Sandflee said:

aren't you already doing that with your taxes?

imagine if a healthcare provider stepped up to the plate

doing what?

taking it upon yourself to make things right?  no.  you're being forced to by people using this as a way to score politcal points. 

remember when the bill was passed?  just before Christmas.  perfect political theater.  threat of politicians going home for the holiday without voting for it.  And if a politician had serious, well thought out concerns regarding the bill, they were accused of not caring about the first responders.

Those politicians who want to score political points don't know how to treat people.  And that's why we saw people get denied benefits of the law because the politicians never decided to cover certain injuries or ailments or whatever you want to call them.  Of course, they might have done that by design, so they could come back and make themselves get another chance to be the savior and fix things.

And my guess is there was some health care provider (A DOCTOR) who saw a first responder and helped them out financially.

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

14 mins ago, eddy said:

doing what?

taking it upon yourself to make things right?  no.  you're being forced to by people using this as a way to score politcal points. 

remember when the bill was passed?  just before Christmas.  perfect political theater.  threat of politicians going home for the holiday without voting for it.  And if a politician had serious, well thought out concerns regarding the bill, they were accused of not caring about the first responders.

Those politicians who want to score political points don't know how to treat people.  And that's why we saw people get denied benefits of the law because the politicians never decided to cover certain injuries or ailments or whatever you want to call them.  Of course, they might have done that by design, so they could come back and make themselves get another chance to be the savior and fix things.

And my guess is there was some health care provider (A DOCTOR) who saw a first responder and helped them out financially.

my mistake didn't mean a health care provider i meant a healthcare company

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

2 hours ago, Sandflee said:

my mistake didn't mean a health care provider i meant a healthcare company

a doctor is part of a health care company

since that company is providing health CARE. 

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

3 hours ago, Dave588 said:

The entire party system is so they can sit there playing pattycakes while becoming millionaires. 

I would say our forefathers are rolling in their graves seeing how politics has become a path to becoming a gazillionaire.

Very few of the ****ing scumbags on the left walk the walk but they sure as **** talk the talk.

Diversity makes us stronger!

14 mins ago, eddy said:

a doctor is part of a health care company

since that company is providing health CARE. 

Save your breath. Your message is sorely lost on it/him.  He's the seal of healthcare.

Diversity makes us stronger!