Sandflee

John Stewart in Congress

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Appeared in congress with first responders to 9/11 for the victims compensation fund, and 3/4 of congress couldnt't even show up

what a disgrace. (oh yeah they have healthcare for life that's right)

Well said Mr. Stewart

Edited by Sandflee
Please copy/paste the relevant portion - or embed YT video please - the link you posted is blocked here :-)

4 mins ago, eddieg710 said:

Agreed 110%! Congress has been dragging their heels on this. Total BS!

they drag on everything unless it's some stupid BS, u f'n real

He is calling for the 9/11 first responders victims fund to be fully funded through 2090.  In 2090, the youngest 9/11 first responder would be close to 110 years old.  Is the intent to also provide life long medical for the kids of first responders?

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

He is calling for the 9/11 first responders victims fund to be fully funded through 2090.  In 2090, the youngest 9/11 first responder would be close to 110 years old.  Is the intent to also provide life long medical for the kids of first responders?

Honestly with the near trillion we spend defense every year to drop bombs on sh*thole countries 

yeah fund them they deserve it.

Stellar speech.  Hope it gets through. I watched it all from a rooftop in Brooklyn and being in the construction industry, when I saw the cloud from the first tower, I knew thousands of people were inhaling toxic dust. . .

Sad state of affairs.

You should try applying for it. Huge run around simply verifying that you were there and after that more BS. I'm convinced that they make it so full of time consuming **** that you either give up or croak waiting . I wasn't a first responder but I was there the day of and for the next 3 days after that on site not to mention months after the area was 'cleared' and my family keeps urging me to follow up but I don't know.. 

19 mins ago, Brother Brian said:

You should try applying for it. Huge run around simply verifying that you were there and after that more BS. I'm convinced that they make it so full of time consuming **** that you either give up or croak waiting . I wasn't a first responder but I was there the day of and for the next 3 days after that on site not to mention months after the area was 'cleared' and my family keeps urging me to follow up but I don't know.. 

Screw that, in my book, if you were there the first day, you were a first responder, and if you worked the pile then you deserve to be cared for.  I can't imagine the hoops that have to be jumped through but maybe you should listen to your family.