aplus

fishing in Middlesex County, NJ

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I would like some suggestions where to catch fish that I may take my kids?  Not on a boat, maybe off a pier.  I would like to come home and eat the fish I catch.

I started my kids on fishing at several of those spots on the list Tim provided. Lots of fun and good memories when they were young. Actually eating fish out of them is a whole different story. Most on that list are goose crap toilet bowls these days.:upck:

14 hours ago, SIC34 said:

I started my kids on fishing at several of those spots on the list Tim provided. Lots of fun and good memories when they were young. Actually eating fish out of them is a whole different story. Most on that list are goose crap toilet bowls these days.:upck:

I don't eat anything out of still waters from NJ, ever.

That's a rule.

Streams? Stocked trout is about it, I guess until you hit the Delaware basin, maybe some others from there.

When the snappers show up bring them to the Keansburg pier

(It's a pay site so not a spotburn)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Try the Delaware and Raritan Canal.  Easy access, plenty of room, lots of fish variety and they're edible.  The canal is a major water source for the American Water Co., a local water utility.  Matter of fact the canal and water is controlled and maintained by the water utility.  Only down side is the poison ivy.  Lots of it.  One other bad thing is ticks.  Look the kids over very well when you come home.  

Edited by Dan Tinman