flyangler

Bill Maher on Trump: “He's right. I'm sick of winning. He is winning.“

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Do you think the Democrats will take advice from Bill Maher? As you might guess, I dislike the guy and his schtick, but he, like Michael Moore, can be prescient observers of the liberal community. And while Barr’s comments about Trump “winning” are interesting, I find his comments on political correctness and how “everyone” is sick of it even more relevant. 

Oh, and his point on the desire to make liberals cry, yeah, more than a couple of people here have that as a goal....

Bill Maher tells CNN that President Donald Trump is 'winning.' The interview only gets better from there: 'He's just owning the libs'

Maher sat down on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" on Monday to discuss his take on Democrats, Trump, and more.

During his remarks, Maher admitted his belief that Democrats look bad when compared to Republicans in the Trump era, and said that he believes Trump is winning.

"A lot of times, he's just owning the libs," Maher said. "That's what Republicans do in this era. More than any policy, they want to make liberals cry."

Maher explained that he doesn't think Democrats have caught onto Trump's methods, and said that Republicans, as a result, are able to do what they want in the government.

"[Democrats] never seem to catch on to this bait-and-switch about, you vote for this guy who is going to be the little man's champion and he gives all the money to the rich people," he joked. "You have this idea that your path to the American Dream is blocked by immigrants and single mothers on food stamps."

"Do you think he's winning?" Cuomo asked.

Maher's response was pretty cut and dry.

"Yes," Maher said. "And I'm sick of winning. He's right. I'm sick of winning. He is winning."

Maher also blasted leftists who are intent on implementing political correctness like a law into today's culture.

Calling political correctness a "cancer on progressivism," Maher said that Democrats "don't' help themselves a lot." 

"The vast majority of liberals in this country hate [political correctness]," he said. "They think political correctness has gone way too far. No one likes living on eggshells." 

"[Democrats] need some tough love, and I'm not going to stop," Maher added. 

"When you talk to Trump supporters, they're not blind to his myriad flaws but one thing they always say he's not politically correct,"

Maher conceded. "I don't think you can overestimate how much people have been choking on political correctness and hate it."

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pretty good up until he said "the vast majority of liberals are tired of PC". That'll  be filed under utter BS.

Edited by Rickman

The winning is just beginning ...

... it's all relative, right?

Soon 2020 will arrive, and like the kids who chose to do none of their homework, the Dems will be wondering why folks are focusing on that that they DIDN'T accomplish ...

... and they will blame Trump, which accomplishes MORE nothing.

W i n n i n g :) 

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Bill Maher

Yes, Maher was correct in describing how the Hater-in-Chief is winning.

Funny how you choose to ignore this line - " this bait-and-switch about, you vote for this guy who is going to be the little man's champion and he gives all the money to the rich people," he joked. "You have this idea that your path to the American Dream is blocked by immigrants and single mothers on food stamps."

The Republicans have been doing this for decades. Reagan scared you with his "welfare queen" while proceeding to trickle up the money to the uber wealthy, and leaving the country in a recession.

Trump tripled down on it with his blatant racism about Latino illegals, all the while trickling up more money to the ultra rich and driving the deficit back up to all time highs. Fortunately for the Swindler-in-Chief, Obama's 6 year economic surge is still going strong. Trump is trying his best to kill Obama's economic surge with his trade wars and tariffs. 

Edited by zak-striper

3 mins ago, zak-striper said:

"You have this idea that your path to the American Dream is blocked by immigrants and single mothers on food stamps."

Strange... the "Hater in Chief" and blatant double-down racist has the lowest unemployment in decades and increased reductionin food stamp dependency. America is going back to work. The Racist Hater in Chief employed people based on merit in the past and had a black woman run one of his companies, but he is a racist hater in chief even after he has appointed people of color to cabinet positions and employed them in major campaign roles.

4 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

Strange... the "Hater in Chief" and blatant double-down racist has the lowest unemployment in decades and increased reductionin food stamp dependency. America is going back to work. The Racist Hater in Chief employed people based on merit in the past and had a black woman run one of his companies, but he is a racist hater in chief even after he has appointed people of color to cabinet positions and employed them in major campaign roles.

News apparently doesn't always filter down to some basements .

6 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Trump tripled down on it with his blatant racism about Latino illegals, all the while trickling up more money to the ultra rich and driving the deficit back up to all time highs. Fortunately for the Swindler-in-Chief, Obama's 6 year economic surge is still going strong. Trump is trying his best to kill Obama's economic surge with his trade wars and tariffs. 

lets deconstruct this...

Trump tripled down on it with his blatant racism about Latino illegals,

if you identify drug cartels and human trafficking rings operating our borders, you are a racist?

Still no proof that Trump made a racist comment when he correctly identified that criminals were transiting the border for nefarious purposes./

all the while trickling up more money to the ultra rich

huh? Trump imposed a tax on mortgages in excess of $500k. Something I disagree with, but the party of trickle-up and cheap labor is and always will be the Slaver party: Democrats.

and driving the deficit back up to all time highs.

True - deficit is up but so is GDP. Unlike Obama, we had GDP floundering and unsustainable increases of welfare roles. Underemployment was heading to the point of no return, and Obama thought it should be the new normal.

Fortunately for the Swindler-in-Chief, Obama's 6 year economic surge is still going strong. Trump is trying his best to kill Obama's economic surge with his trade wars and tariffs. 

this is not only dishonest... it's plain retarded.

9 mins ago, SallyGrowler said:

lets deconstruct this...

if you identify drug cartels and human trafficking rings operating our borders, you are a racist?

Still no proof that Trump made a racist comment when he correctly identified that criminals were transiting the border for nefarious purposes./

huh? Trump imposed a tax on mortgages in excess of $500k. Something I disagree with, but the party of trickle-up and cheap labor is and always will be the Slaver party: Democrats.

True - deficit is up but so is GDP. Unlike Obama, we had GDP floundering and unsustainable increases of welfare roles. Underemployment was heading to the point of no return, and Obama thought it should be the new normal.

this is not only dishonest... it's plain retarded.

Of course it’s dishonest. 

54 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Bill Maher tells CNN that President Donald Trump is 'winning.' The interview only gets better from there: 'He's just owning the libs'

"A lot of times, he's just owning the libs," Maher said. "That's what Republicans do in this era. More than any policy, they want to make liberals cry."

Well, I'll give Maher this, he's certainly got me figured out. :)