Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

"vote of no confidence"

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I read about these municipal or state union votes of no confidence...police chiefs, fire chiefs, school superintendents….

I automatically think its a good thing as its really a vote of the union.....I especially think its good when its a school super....

we all look for more specifics, but what's you initial gut response when you read/hear about these situations?

15 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I read about these municipal or state union votes of no confidence...police chiefs, fire chiefs, school superintendents….

I automatically think its a good thing as its really a vote of the union.....I especially think its good when its a school super....

we all look for more specifics, but what's you initial gut response when you read/hear about these situations?

Just happened here in Wall...overwhelming vote of no confidence for superintendent...over whelming. Everyone at the board meeting was stoked...and then the board voted unanimously to let her finish out her contract :freak:

It’s politics...and it’s the exact opposite of ‘by the people/for the people’, just like in DC :read: 

TimS

14 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Bully tactics is what comes to my mind. 

It’s the process by which the tax payers are able to begin the removal of someone that was elected. On paper it’s a great and wonderful idea...in practice it’s just as useless as writing your representatives in DC. Feel good dog and pony shows, nothing more.

Exactly . . . what's the real story . . . at least in NJ, I don't trust the teachers unions.  A "vote of no confidence" for a super may simply mean they are not successful in strong arming the admin during contract negotiations.

15 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

why the vote though, and not the union talking points, what's the real story

I was at a recent board meeting - hard to tell what are ‘union talking points’ and what are tax payer talking points. The vast majority of people that spoke pointed out weaknesses and failures over the first contract term. Some were teachers, some were parents. There was also some alleged monkey business with the way her contract was renewed and her raise approved without public notice/discussion. 

Here’s a bigger question - taxpayers vote no confidence should it really matter why? It’s their money :read: 

25 mins ago, cartopper said:

Exactly . . . what's the real story . . . at least in NJ, I don't trust the teachers unions.  A "vote of no confidence" for a super may simply mean they are not successful in strong arming the admin during contract negotiations.

The union doesn’t care about anything other than the union :read:

My wife is a teacher in Wall, there were a lot of issues - I believe most of the board meetings are on youtube, they play out like a TV show > FYI the previous superintendent is in prison :laugh:

..they pick em good down there lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's only a problem because these governments have too much of our money. If they didn't have OPM to throw around, nobody would care.

And they only have too much money because we elect people who like spending other people's money. They are from both parties, and we elect them over and over and over again.

We deserve what we get.

Edited by Belmo

3 mins ago, TimS said:

I was at a recent board meeting - hard to tell what are ‘union talking points’ and what are tax payer talking points. The vast majority of people that spoke pointed out weaknesses and failures over the first contract term. Some were teachers, some were parents. There was also some alleged monkey business with the way her contract was renewed and her raise approved without public notice/discussion. 

Here’s a bigger question - taxpayers vote no confidence should it really matter why? It’s their money :read: 

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. the no confidence vote comes from the teachers union, not the tax payer (although there is some overlap there). maybe its different in Jersey. You also said elected, here Chiefs and Supers are hired via search committees, not elected. 

2 mins ago, Deepshax said:

FYI the previous superintendent is in prison :laugh:

Dude was pretending to be ‘at work’ while vacationing at his second home in Florida. When a bunch of days he said he was in Wall at work turned out to be days he was also in Florida...the wheels came off :laugh: 

TimS

short of some inappropriate behavior those within the school districts here would have to do something well beyond just sucking at their jobs to not finish out a contract (teacher, super, principal hell even custodians)

and around here they bow to the parents, the parents run the asylum 

1 min ago, TimS said:

Dude was pretending to be ‘at work’ while vacationing at his second home in Florida. When a bunch of days he said he was in Wall at work turned out to be days he was also in Florida...the wheels came off :laugh: 

TimS

the balls on that guy...wow :eek: