Billy77

Son's First Car...used Police Cars? Any one ever buy one? Thoughts?

Rate this topic

163 posts in this topic

Lookin to get my 17 yr.old his first set of wheels. Thought a used Police car would be a safe start since they are usually kept up with mechanically and are reinforced for safety? What's the consensus out there???

A crown vic, or a taurus?

A big V8 rwd probably isn't the best choice nowadays sadly.

I'd rather buy a car from an old lady than a cop. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

big engine, little kid don't mix.   went to high school with a kid and his family always drove used police cars bought at auction.  there 3rd son first ride in his hit a telephone pole less then 2 miles from home . split the car in half, he died, and permantley disabled his then girlfriend.

on the flip side some can handle the big motors.  we were all that age once. I got into street racing in the mid eighties right out of high school as my friends did also . racing over in phila and an old airport near home in south jersey.  then I had a 76 ta and we built up a 455ho  that did 11.1 at the track and that was pretty fast for the day. I rarely abused the hp on a daily drive and neither did my friends. come Friday and Saturday night though, we had fun.

Edited by coolhandfluke

in HS I had an old white v8 Taurus.....when I drove people just moved over because it looked like a cop car...it was great.....transmission skipped so hard it would rattle your teeth though. 

If you insist on driving used police cars, don't bitch when the guy in front of you is putting along at the speed limit... 

My buddy Bob bought one, but left the decals on. Guess who got locked up for impersonating an officer? :laugh: 

That cost him some money to get out of. 

5 mins ago, MikeMc said:

My buddy Bob bought one, but left the decals on. Guess who got locked up for impersonating an officer? :laugh: 

That cost him some money to get out of. 

Bobs an idiot