Why the Electoral College?

Rate this topic

55555s

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

It's correct and Baloney? :laugh:

it's a steaming pile of crap Raider,

Red Staters suck up federal money which comes from blue states,

you are trying to look at ONE portion of the funds that suck up in order to support a lie.

I'm pretty sure you know you are lying but will argue it anyway, so people can explain it to you,

because that's apparently how you get your rocks off,

I think Eli was just too stupid to comprehend the data.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

It's also 100% factual and correct... is it not? tell me 

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

9 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

It's correct and Baloney? :laugh:

5 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Red Staters suck up federal money which comes from blue states,

It's like a guy who drinks three beers and two fifths of whiskey a day. But when he's questioned about it, he says, I drink less than a case of beer a week! I don't have a drinking problem!

Raider. :dismay:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

It's a gross over simplification.  11 states pay in more than they get back in federal services.  The majority of states get back more than they paid in.  This hasn't changed much over the years even as some states go from blue to red and back.  As a statistic, it doesn't prove much, but it makes a nice map.

Edited by MikeM58

17 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

It's also 100% factual and correct... is it not? tell me 

7 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

It's a gross over simplification.  11 states pay in more than they get back in federal services.  The majority of states get back more than they paid in.  This hasn't changed much over the years even as some states go from blue to red and back.  As a statistic, it doesn't prove much, but it makes a nice map.

raider,

read this post again, it seems to imply that you are wrong in your assertions,

maybe he will indulge you with the pages of explanations you crave.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

20 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

And you've posted nothing to support your claim. 

I swear Dude is really Frank in disguise..... ;)

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

4 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

I swear Dude is really Frank in disguise..... ;)

I don't think so Steve. While they tend to agree with each other on just about everything, Dude at times use's his brain where as Frank is strictly a troll.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

On 6/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, MikeM58 said:

11 states pay in more than they get back in federal services.  The majority of states get back more than they paid in.  

Incorrect, no state gets back more than its citizens pay in.  Not one, not even close.  

Here's the problem..... you want to include payments to individuals, but then aggregate those individuals via their state of residence to claim that "red' states suck up more federal money.  It's a fallacy though: either we're talking about states or we're talking about individuals - who pays, who gets paid, and how each votes.  Looking at payments to individuals then lumping them into states and looking at what candidate won that state is a BS line of reasoning and doesn't actually tell you anything beyond what we already know: rural states without cities tend to vote R and states with urban centers tend to vote D.  The obvious correlation here that drives this silly claim is that cities concentrate wealth and more wealth equals more tax revenue.  So your "blue states" pay more into the system.  The correlation that doesn't exist is that republicans mooch off the system and democrats support them, and no analysis of individual voting habits is going to support that claim.   

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

14 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

Incorrect, no state gets back more than its citizens pay in.  Not one, not even close.  

Here's the problem..... you want to include payments to individuals,

LOL,

you are a pathetic joke,

stick to the PG where your nonsense fits in.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15