Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simply Addicted

Chatham pair up

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Heading to Chatham in a few weeks (6/22 - 7/6).

Looking to find some action ideally early in the mornings. My wife, two young kids and most of her family are going but I'm the only fisherman in the group and plan to do as much of it as possible.

I'll be trying Harding's but looking for some more guidance on where else to try. Would love to pair up with some of you if you'd ever be so kind to show me some spots. I know I'm asking a lot but only go to the cape once a year and typically it's the vineyard we go to. I've invested many many hours on the vineyard finding my spots but have little experience in the Chatham area.

I would like to do a few early morning runs up to the canal but that's an hour drive for me from the rental house so probably can't do that more than 2 or 3 times. 

Any help or willingness to pair up would be greatly appreciated!

God bless you all with tight lines,

Enzo "just trying to get a rod bent" surfcaster

Posted (edited) · Report post

I assume from shore.

Harding's beach parking, but hike the beach trails to Stage Harbor entrance.

All around the entrance works and you won't be alone.

I commute every day from the canal to Chatham. I would say it's still your best shot at large and worth a morning drive and back before your family even wakes.

Edited by FishRatz

Should be good. I fish it from 2am to 6am then get the hell outa there and bring the gang to the beach for swimming. Less comption.

As expected you all have been fantastic

Thank you all the DMs so far. Would love to pair up with someone on the canal one morning willing to show me the ropes to it.

i know that may be a lot to ask but that would be a dream come true for me also!I promise I visit at most once a year so I won't be a constant intruder on your turf I promise!