Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bubbakim

Almost

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

It has been over 20 years since my last attempt at fishing for cobia from the surf. I did hook one this time the first week but only had it on for a couple mins. 2nd week saw one taken from a boat about 150+yrds in front of where I was fishing, maybe next year? a few pics, from the trip.

20190528_165523_Moment.jpg

20190528_163558.jpg

20190603_161641.jpg

20190607_150807.jpg

Looks beautiful. I do miss summer fishing sometimes, that nice green water, the bikinis, chance at a cobe. The bugs, heat and crowds not so much.

A cobia over 30" is still on my bucket list, and probably will be for some time.

Thanks for the pics, glad you had a good time and did some catching..

Awesome photos, that water looks great.  Nice fish too.  Sorry to hear about the cobia unbuttoning itself.  I am you are still feeling the adrenaline thinking about it though.

Thanks, for the comments everyone after the initial run the cobia surfaced briefly in the crest of a wave it took a few seconds to realize it was on the end of my line at least 150 yrds  of off the beach if I had to guess how big probably in the 50lb+range.And yes the memory is still in my head, crowds were not that bad during weekdays considering the point was closed and yes I believe that was a spade fish.