Seadogg

Not every day...

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I’ve been seeing that quite a bit this year. With each passing year it seems more and more prevalent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that we're gradually becoming cautious and afraid of everything and everybody?

 

A guy catches a nice fish, posts a photo, and here come a mycobacteriousis warning.  You can't go outside unless you're clothers are soaked in permithrin. Otherwise you're sure to get lyme disease, anaplasmosis, or some other dreaded tick disease.. Wanna eat sushu, you're risking parasites.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, bob_G said:

Has anyone else noticed that we're gradually becoming cautious and afraid of everything and everybody?

 

A guy catches a nice fish, posts a photo, and here come a mycobacteriousis warning.  You can't go outside unless you're clothers are soaked in permithrin. Otherwise you're sure to get lyme disease, anaplasmosis, or some other dreaded tick disease.. Wanna eat sushu, you're risking parasites.

 

Icky! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bob_G said:

Has anyone else noticed that we're gradually becoming cautious and afraid of everything and everybody?

 

A guy catches a nice fish, posts a photo, and here come a mycobacteriousis warning.  You can't go outside unless you're clothers are soaked in permithrin. Otherwise you're sure to get lyme disease, anaplasmosis, or some other dreaded tick disease.. Wanna eat sushu, you're risking parasites.

 

Used to carry a condom in your wallet now it's an advanced first aid kit in your backpack...…………………...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've caught hundreds of fish that look just like that.  I doubt all those fish had mycobacteriousis. 

If anyone recalls, I had mycobacteriousis about 15 years ago. The fishing was crazy good one August and my hands were a mess cuts, scrapes and punctures all over them. I recall releasing a couple fish that were in bad shape. Wierd lesions, skinny, and a milky film. 

The myco came on fast, as in 18 hours! Exposed to fish at 10pm, in the ER the next day at 4pm.  Hand swollen the size of a catcher's

 mitt and a 103* fever.  I missed 2 weeks of work and 3 weeks of fishing and didn't fully resolve until Thanksgiving.

Edited by bob_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bob_G said:

Has anyone else noticed that we're gradually becoming cautious and afraid of everything and everybody?

 

A guy catches a nice fish, posts a photo, and here come a mycobacteriousis warning.  You can't go outside unless you're clothers are soaked in permithrin. Otherwise you're sure to get lyme disease, anaplasmosis, or some other dreaded tick disease.. Wanna eat sushu, you're risking parasites.

 

It’s called being educated... if you don’t want ticks, wear cloths covered in permethrin when trudging through the woods, if you want to avoid flesh eating bacteria, try not to handle fish covered in red soars... etc.  “back in the day” did you really know any better? If you want to roll the dice then it’s up to you.  When I catch fish covered in soars, I grab the hook(s) with pliers and shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, bob_G said:

Has anyone else noticed that we're gradually becoming cautious and afraid of everything and everybody?

 

A guy catches a nice fish, posts a photo, and here come a mycobacteriousis warning.  You can't go outside unless you're clothers are soaked in permithrin. Otherwise you're sure to get lyme disease, anaplasmosis, or some other dreaded tick disease.. Wanna eat sushu, you're risking parasites.

 

 you are over reacting - just like th epeople you condem - how ironic.  I merley mentioned the spots because I have not seen them on fish up here. I didnt mention it is safe to eat them I ate plenty of them back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bob_G said:

The myco came on fast, as in 18 hours! Exposed to fish at 10pm, in the ER the next day at 4pm.  Hand swollen the size of a catcher's

 mitt and a 103* fever.  I missed 2 weeks of work and 3 weeks of fishing and didn't fully resolve until Thanksgiving.

Maybe that's why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.