hipkvw

Gheenoe 15’4” Highsider

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I have 2 boats but always wanted a Gheenoe to screw around with. Got this cheap and cleaned it up and outfitted it. Kept it simple. 

DF758CC9-38EF-40D3-BE48-BC66DEB3C3C5.jpeg

4D385C9C-670B-4054-BC52-03F1D1F3929B.jpeg

D50BB35F-D5FA-428D-A89B-AB9C123DB6D7.jpeg

8C21BCE4-7EFE-4265-9DC1-470DA3666613.jpeg

E86052D3-C5E0-4BFA-BC9A-9E3D911C6341.jpeg

99270243-0867-43AF-9D76-E49EF028B4EB.jpeg

BC57BCBD-750C-4A37-B9DC-0247EF9B5367.jpeg

EECF67B1-B3C2-49D4-BFD8-3CDF4BBAAB36.jpeg

65583648-04F0-4D6D-8A97-61DF8DCCC1C4.jpeg

8A74ECE0-30EC-4B9F-81A6-A5270A58BFA3.jpeg

21A93FF8-4E00-4B9E-BE92-18BF7BD4D855.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one as well.  It was a CL find.....$200.  Needed a little work but  I love the thing.  I made my trolling motor mount out of that poly decking material.  It carries a 2 stroke 8hp Nissan.  I stripped mine and kept it simple....no seats, no hand rail.

 

That looks nice.  I like the floor mats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it!  The kayak craze has people forgetting about the capabilities of canoes.  We have an Old Town Stillwater. Slow, steady, but very capable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 mins ago, D1fishr said:

I like it!  The kayak craze has people forgetting about the capabilities of canoes.  We have an Old Town Stillwater. Slow, steady, but very capable.

While they look kinda like a canoe they aren't quite as nimble but are 10X more stable due to the design of the chines.Two guys can stand and fish w/ no worry of tipping,can't do that in a canoe.

Good skinny water boat w/ a motor on it,mine is a 13'.

Take it on class II rapids w/ a paddle and it's good but the same size waves while you're scootin across a windy bay w/ a motor on the back is not fun,just gotta pick your days.

Very versatile too.I often use it inland in place of my drift boat,slower than a canoe but not as slow as a drifter.

 

Nice find Hipkv!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im gonna take it out when I dont feel like messing with the boats. Clammin’, small lakes, and maybe waterfowling here and there. I do have some skinny striper spots that my boats wont get to I am going to try. I messed up my back real bad so I have not got it out yet. Maybe this afternoon. Each day has been hit or miss as to how I feel. Been a rough month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, slip n slide said:

While they look kinda like a canoe they aren't quite as nimble but are 10X more stable due to the design of the chines.Two guys can stand and fish w/ no worry of tipping,can't do that in a canoe.

Good skinny water boat w/ a motor on it,mine is a 13'.

Take it on class II rapids w/ a paddle and it's good but the same size waves while you're scootin across a windy bay w/ a motor on the back is not fun,just gotta pick your days.

Very versatile too.I often use it inland in place of my drift boat,slower than a canoe but not as slow as a drifter.

 

Nice find Hipkv!

 

I was going to say the same thing...Gheenoes are kind of unique vessels unto themselves.  Straight up fun machines. The ratio of fish caught/ laughs per dollars spent is higher on a Gheenoe than perhaps any other boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpalms said:

I was going to say the same thing...Gheenoes are kind of unique vessels unto themselves.  Straight up fun machines. The ratio of fish caught/ laughs per dollars spent is higher on a Gheenoe than perhaps any other boat.

we see used ones here for around $3-600,an older super 16 w/ trailer is on local CL for $600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, slip n slide said:

we see used ones here for around $3-600,an older super 16 w/ trailer is on local CL for $600

don't temp me!

 

Super 16 is the hull to get.

 

It cost me $600 to put fuel in my boat last weekend

Edited by Cpalms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy carp! that's a lotta $$$ for gas,hope to heck ya caught something!

Those supers are a sweet ride,takes up to a 50hp.It'll scoot w/ that but go through almost zero water depth when ya pole it.Tempted to buy it to fix it up and resell it as all it needs is a good cleaning and interior paint.

Spring most of my fishing is out front but in the fall the Gheenoe gets the workout chasing fish in the estuaries.It amazes me how big of a striper will go way the f inland to chow on a school of 'nuts after navigating a series of narrow channels on the rising tide to get to a "pond" full of bait.Do you realize how many lil criks end in a pond full of bait? I know I didn't!

On bottom of the drop as the fish leave we see them going by, but they're full ,on the move and shy to bite.Mostly a sad indictment of what we didn't catch,like,"damn dude...did'ja see that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, slip n slide said:

Holy carp! that's a lotta $$$ for gas,hope to heck ya caught something!

Those supers are a sweet ride,takes up to a 50hp.It'll scoot w/ that but go through almost zero water depth when ya pole it.Tempted to buy it to fix it up and resell it as all it needs is a good cleaning and interior paint.

Spring most of my fishing is out front but in the fall the Gheenoe gets the workout chasing fish in the estuaries.It amazes me how big of a striper will go way the f inland to chow on a school of 'nuts after navigating a series of narrow channels on the rising tide to get to a "pond" full of bait.Do you realize how many lil criks end in a pond full of bait? I know I didn't!

On bottom of the drop as the fish leave we see them going by, but they're full ,on the move and shy to bite.Mostly a sad indictment of what we didn't catch,like,"damn dude...did'ja see that one?

and mine is only a small boat -  25 feet. 175 gallon fuel tank.  Burns 16 gallons/ hour at cruise.   I should get a gheenoe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.