golden

Earliest confirmed Bonito - MVY

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Wow, that along with the other bonito landed, almost, by boat is just amazing so early this time of year. Can we expect good showings of bonito and albies sooner this year, I wonder?

On 6/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Seadogg said:

Maybe not a fluke. Pure luck, I guess. 

Probably not, one was just caught off the ground in Monmouth county today ISYN

5 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Probably not, one was just caught off the ground in Monmouth county today ISYN

Either way, I’m not planning bonito trips over a few chance catches. You think these people are out targeting bonito? Probably not. They’re getting lucky. Nothing wrong with that, though. Who doesn’t like surprises? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Obviously 

The guy in MC was reeling in a fluke bait

That being said there will be a few small bits of metal in my bag starting today

Edited by Sudsy

Every year I constantly catch the first week of July in RI...    I’m not targeting bones..  but  that’s when I run into them :worms:

57E356F8-71BF-47EC-96E0-43D5923FEE32.png

A buddy got a bonito around Chatham today. A nice one, not the juvies we were catching last year in CCB and north. 

Seems like it's crazy early. Do we think those little bones will be back this year? Maybe large enough to keep a few for the grill or sashimi? Anyone have any historical knowledge of this happening in the past? 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:48 PM, Seadogg said:

Either way, I’m not planning bonito trips over a few chance catches. You think these people are out targeting bonito? Probably not. They’re getting lucky. Nothing wrong with that, though. Who doesn’t like surprises? 

lol i was targeting them when i got one in RI a few weeks ago, based on the rumors on the internet.  lol fishing a spot and method for bones, not good for bass or blues in early.  lightning hasn't struck twice, but sometimes if you put yourself in the right spot....

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

I wouldn't call the catches of bonito a fluke unless the angler was just floundering around. 

Well played, sir.