SIC34

No BS, no spots

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

I fished with a few guys and decided to get to a few spots early and often and take our lumps because we knew eventually we would strike gold. Well we did, and we did. The report thread has been abysmal. I bowed out a month ago because I caught a bacterial infection, probably from a fishing cut ...then I we went back out and hit more good bass this week. For me thid spring has been glorious. Up until my last trip this Wednesday. I know a lot of the old guys dont report anymore but I'm sure they still visit. Anybody else get into big bass this spring? No spots,  just a Y or  N works.

i feel shame. i fished twice, and most shamefully of all, memorial day weekend for fluke :o 

never even picked up a rod until then. i suck.

oh, not true, i fished three times now that i remember it. i did try to fish my may new moon spot, but it was so ****** with rain and wind the tide was up over the road and i couldn't get there. had to try a new to me bridge instead. i really suck. 

just waiting for the september new moon now :beers: 

27 mins ago, rocco said:

i feel shame. i fished twice, and most shamefully of all, memorial day weekend for fluke :o 

never even picked up a rod until then. i suck.

oh, not true, i fished three times now that i remember it. i did try to fish my may new moon spot, but it was so ****** with rain and wind the tide was up over the road and i couldn't get there. had to try a new to me bridge instead. i really suck. 

just waiting for the september new moon now :beers: 

We have to fish a tide or two in the fall Rocco. It's been too long buddy.

Posted (edited) · Report post

:agree: 

in nj, or points north :th: 

i can do north or south in nj, we fish the same moon up north ;) 

i got my pass early this year, hoping that would help get me out more and earlier. it didn't do that exactly, but i've got less excuses anyway.

i'm up on blocks this coming weekend for sure, but after that, all i'm looking forward to is september :cry: 

Edited by rocco

Y

Pretty consistently on bass all spring until last week.  Don't report much on the report threads, just don't see the value, especially in the hot months when 100+K views.  

I actually fished 4-5 nights a week since march and finally took off last week due to sickness and was exhausted.  I unloaded the car this weekend and that is it for the spring for me for bass.  If i'm out and the blues are around, that's fine, but I don't mind a nice relaxing couple of months.  I'm not a fluke nut, if I happen to go to the beach, I will fluke a little... But not crazy about it

47 mins ago, fishless said:

Y

Had a good run this Spring.  Some days better than others but only 2 outing where I skunked. 

How many outings did you have from the sand vs yak. 

14 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

How many outings did you have from the sand vs yak. 

More from land then the kayak.  Only had 5 kayak outings. 

That'll be a No from me dawg

A few fish up to 30 lbs here and there but I never found a truly consistant bite.

I refuse to fish with the crowds so Im generally on my own, which is why i dont mind posting a report here and there to give hope to some of the newer guys that want to do things the right way.

My season doesnt feel complete without one or two giants, but that won't distract me from looking back on a lot of fun moments with new and old fishing buddies

As a$$ backwards as it seems, I post reports to encourage others to get out there and put the time in. For the guys who are hesitant but love to fish. There’s enough water out there to find fish even when the crowds are rough. When I show up with the land packed I launch the yak. 

Long story short it’s been a productive spring. Besides catching I’m learning. That to me is the most important part. 

No, but I mostly fished in the freshwater and it was straight trash. I'm not saying last year was good but I caught them at least every other outing. This year I caught ZERO in the freshwater. Only had one salt outing which did produce.

Thanks for the responses. I also keep my spots between a few friends I fish with..got tired of fighting the crowd a long time ago. Matter of fact many of my trips even as recent as last week I didnt see another soul on the beach.

I dont do Facbook, etc. so sometimes it's hard to gauge what everybody else is doing. The report thread is hard to gauge also as it seems many of the folks are new to the sport.

Looking forward to Fall already.:)