Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flylikabird

Show Time Lynyrd Skynrd :If I Leave Here Tomorrow 2018

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

So I just watched the latest documentary about Lynyrd Skynyrd "If I Leave Here Tomorrow on Show Time this afternoon and want to say I loved it!!!!!!!!

I've always loved the band and loved their music.   This is a great documentary and helps show the legacy of the band and their music.  The documentary also show's many insights to the crash as well as the personal history of the individual band members personal traits (both good & bad...20/20) and historic transition of their lineup.

All in all this is a great peak into one of Rock N' Roll's Greatest Southern Band......LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!!!!  

Loved the band, saddest day in my 18 year old life was the day the plane crashed. 

I had gone to the ticket place that night to get tickets for the Philadelphia show but got there after it closed. Got to a friends house after and news of the crash was on tv.

Yeah had the same thing basically happen with the death of Randy Rhoads. We were totally ripped by his talent and it was torn away from us!  

Brad Gillis did his best at MSG trying to fill in for Randy a week later . I left the show wishing they had cancelled it to be honest Ozzy was just drunk and bad 

Posted (edited) · Report post

As you said BG did his best but was a huge letdown in comparison to Randy.   I saw another Garden show but it was North of MSG and it was basically the same with Ozzy an emotional wreck.   Leading up to the show many speculated it was all a promotional stunt and Randy would come out of a coffin to play.   Nope! I still remember sleeping out for tickets at the Garden for that show.   Slept out for a lot of shows back then until I learned how to sneak down to front row up against the boards.   That's when the worm turned for me!

Fortunately I saw Randy a couple of times and those shows were so special for Ozzy fans!

5cfd1efa125ff_thenthewormhasdefinitelyturnedforyou.jpg.6e745cb766e52c82552d857f5a553b80.jpg

Edited by flylikabird

They always put on a great show.

I had tickets to the show, and had just bought the street survivors album with the band in flames on the cover.

Inside the album they had a sheet advertising "survivor gear" - t-shirts and stuff you can buy.

Kinda strange.

I have the flames cover too.   Don't recall the survivor gear sheet though.   I gotta check that out.  IDK they discontinued the flames on the cover shortly thereafter the crash.   

Well your wishes and your feelings
Your bad dreams and intuitions
Are about as much good to me right now as a brand new set of golf clubs
We've been this close to death before, we were just too drunk to know it
Guess the price of being sobers being scared out of your mind

When it comes your time to go, ain't no good way to go about it
Ain't no use in thinking bout it 
You'll just drive yourself insane
There comes a time for everything
And the time has come for you to shut your mouth and get your ass on the plane

Ain't nothing I'd rather do right now than just go on home and lay around
But that ain't never an option for a working man like me
How much is enough you ask
I'll ask the man when I get a chance
All I know right now, there's somewhere else I'm suppose to be

Screaming engines, shooting flames
Dirty needles and cheap cocaine
Some gal's old man with a gun
To me it's all the same
Dead is dead and it ain't no different than walking around if you ain't living
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time

When it comes your time to go, ain't no good way to go about it
Ain't no use in thinking bout it 
You'll just drive yourself insane
There comes a time for everything
And the time has come for you to shut your mouth and get your ass on the plane

2 hours ago, flylikabird said:

I have the flames cover too.   Don't recall the survivor gear sheet though.   I gotta check that out.  IDK they discontinued the flames on the cover shortly thereafter the crash.   

Years later that album was rereleased in its original form with the flames.  The original is worth a few bucks I believe.