Bogey

Barbless trebles

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anyone know of a source for barbless trebles  in sizes 2/0 , 4/0 suitable for heavy saltwater?

Edited by Bogey

59 mins ago, Bogey said:

Does anyone know of a source for barbless trebles  in sizes 2/0 , 4/0 , 3x or better suitable for saltwater?

Wondering this as well. I always see the guys on Morning tide swapping them out. Never seem to have them at the local shops. 

Edited by jk20a3

Some of the barbless trebles I see on sites from countries outside the US have a slightly more aggressive up-curve, I would assume if you were going barbless this design helps keep the hook in place a little better. At least on plugs.

On 6/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, aae0130 said:

Why not inline singles?.....or are they too light?      (I’m assuming this is for lures) 

All personal preference I guess but I missed a lot of strikes and lost a bunch of fish trying inline singles on plugs, specifically topwater stuff.

I also just crush the barb on trebles.

2 hours ago, nateD said:

All personal preference I guess but I missed a lot of strikes and lost a bunch of fish trying inline singles on plugs, specifically topwater stuff.

I also just crush the barb on trebles.

That’s good of you to crush the barbs. Trebles can make a mess out of a fish you plan to release. 

On 10/06/2019 at 1:48 PM, jk20a3 said:

Some of the barbless trebles I see on sites from countries outside the US have a slightly more aggressive up-curve, 

Shout! Curve Points have an interesting curve - inward curving, I think. Claw-like. They are barbed trebles, though.

Knew a guy who fabricated his own..... one of the many legends now over run by today's silly people with fancy bags an plugs they use for a season before they sell for double the price to willing fools... but I digress, or do i?

Edited by DeepBlue85