CT Reef?

Rate this topic

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, Chris on the Fly said:

Any striper action on yet? Or are the fish takin their time coming out of the Housy still? 

They are there I am bagging them by boat ........

Edited by bobber
Please don’t post commercial links - thanks :-)

• 3 months later...

Parking is tough, the fishing is marginal at best and the reef can be very dangerous.  There is 8-9 feet of tide on that coast and you don't want to get caught out on the reef on a rising tide.  Two guys from Westchester died out there 2-3 years ago.  iIt's really only fishable from halfway through the ebb to less than halfway through the flood.

Twenty years ago, the water was deeper and the place fished better.  Now, its shallow on both sides and doesn't fish as well. 

15 hours ago, surfamerica said:

is there access to reef from beach? I never fished  that area so I do not know it. Is there a fall run in that area? I usually fish Montauk so not familiar with ct.

Westchester County here.  Thanks.

No, just stick to Montauk. Looking for handouts in the RI forum, now here, just head to IBSP in Jersey, they have a fall run, a lot closer to Westchester county too! 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, surfamerica said:

is there access to reef from beach? I never fished  that area so I do not know it. Is there a fall run in that area? I usually fish Montauk so not familiar with ct.

Westchester County here.  Thanks.

Surf,

I fished that entire area and beyond the end of the reef Saturday, both morning and evening.  One 18" dink.  Not worth the effort and I agree with ALL the statements above - not an easy place to figure out.  Very dangerous, tides rip through there behind you.  For what is out there right now fish wise (or lack thereof), just not worth it.