Dick's sporting goods sale

Rate this topic

20 mins ago, Lost Cause said:

Just a heads up went by Dicks in Roosevelt field for something unrelated to fishing but of course I walked by and saw they had SPRO bucktails buy 3 get 3 free. Stocked up for the season.

Good deal on gulp also with the rebate

Did the same thing on Monday. Paid for 6 and walked out with 12. Also got a few bags of Gulp but that is a mail-in rebate so who knows how long that'll take. It's weird that Dick's has these deals but Field and Stream (their sister store) doesn't also. 

EDIT: Just checked the F&S website and it looks like they are matching it after all. Good to see.

Edited by jvisconti

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for dicks. How can the ceo be anti sportsman and anti 2A and run a sporting goods chain? They want to become another yoga pants and colorful sneaker store I guess.

21 hours ago, StuC said:

Maybe this is the beginning of the end for dicks. How can the ceo be anti sportsman and anti 2A and run a sporting goods chain? They want to become another yoga pants and colorful sneaker store I guess.

I used to love going to Dicks but now I’d have to think they have one foot in the grave. For any basic sporting stuff I use amazon. For higher end or specialty lacrosse, biking, fishing or golf I’ll go to a store that specializes in each staffed by people with expertise who will provide service for years. Dicks is generalist store staffed with people with (IMHO) very little specialized knowledge who frequently “misprice” a specialized reel or lacrosse stick or have a broad ranging 25% off everything type sale.

I used to go when I needed something and would pay full price, now I just go when there is a huge sale or I have a bunch of mail coupons.  So there is value there but that can’t be good for their bottom line. 

Edited by blastwater