hurricane1091

Striped bass survey from NJFW

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Anyone else get this in their email? Seems like they are interesting in exploring interest in a slot limit. I would encourage this but everyone is free to have their own opinion.

I'm on my phone and not sure if the link I received is unique for each angler, but if it is not, can someone post it?

I just filled out the survey. I do not understand why they are so pushy with the bonus program. If the species is troubled, why would we give an opportunity to take even more fish?

Im glad they are taking the time to listen rather than jump to irrational decisions.

CLOSE THE SPRING SEASON HARVEST

4 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

If they completely closed the spring season pre-spawn there would be no season at all in NJ, should be catch and release in the until they are done spawning

this is all a mutt point if NY dos nothing

1 min ago, ferret said:

If they completely closed the spring season pre-spawn there would be no season at all in NJ, should be catch and release in the until they are done spawning

this is all a mutt point if NY dos nothing

I said harvest.

regardless... Id rather them close it completely and have to fish for c&r perch/bluefish than watch these ignorant googans slaughter egg filled females day in and day out.

36 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I said harvest.

regardless... Id rather them close it completely and have to fish for c&r perch/bluefish than watch these ignorant googans slaughter egg filled females day in and day out.

I'm with ya.  Find something else to pass the time for a change.  Some ppl call themselves fisherman but are they truly fisherman if all they know is how to fish for 1 species and follow that one species from state to state as they migrate?

just did the survey, i thought the questions were pretty well-formed on the whole.

added a comment that i thought it would be useful to add some questions about beach replenishment and other related conservation issues like habitat/forage preservation to future surveys.

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Anyone else get this in their email? Seems like they are interesting in exploring interest in a slot limit. I would encourage this but everyone is free to have their own opinion.

I'm on my phone and not sure if the link I received is unique for each angler, but if it is not, can someone post it?

I received this as well earlier today.  I think they are unique links

There's a link in the attached thread that was posted in the main forum.  I just filled it out as well

2 hours ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I just filled out the survey. I do not understand why they are so pushy with the bonus program. If the species is troubled, why would we give an opportunity to take even more fish?

Im glad they are taking the time to listen rather than jump to irrational decisions.

You mean like the party boats parked where they head to spawn and decimate them.

Maybe they should ban trolling mojo's and bunker spoons as thats an idiot proof way to catch a bass.    

I'm really not a great salt water fisherman, but when guys that are tell me there is a problem, I tend to buy in. Guy at work here tells me it was a phenomenal spring but I never took it that way. No, I did not have a good spring, but based off all the things I come across, I feel like it was good compared to fall but still isn't like it should be. Slot limit seems like an easy thing to get behind. There will be more fish to be caught and I think that is really what it is all about. I'd rather catch more big fish and not be able to keep them (and this is probably temporary) than to not be able to catch them at all.

My question is though, if neighboring states do not do this - does the problem get fixed?