coolhandfluke

joey zac question

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

as you may know.

what happened to that compound on rte 9 between Viking yacht and the light to turn at to go to mystic . the place with the cement wall and iron gates with all the statues and art deco on display?  coming back the long way from freehold Saturday on the bike and was surprised to see everything gone.  looks like he put up red white and blue lights along the wall.

yes, the long way down 537 to 539 to 9 in tuckerton over to Smithville for a slice of pizza.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Last time I drove by that all I saw were the messages on the wall, God Bless America, Please Drive Carefully and We Are Responsible For Our Children.  Nothing else.

Edited by fishless

They were trying to sell it for yrs. Not much value other than the land itself. House was very old and pretty quirky inside. Wonder if a developer bought it. 

I thought someone new bought it a few years ago and took down all the statues that were on the wall..  I could be wrong

The statues only came down a few months ago.

I don't know the story for sure, but what I've been told is that it used to be owned by some rich guy who was maintaining the place in honor of a dead child, as kind of like a Michael Jackson "Neverland" kind of deal.

I don't know any of that to be fact, but that's all I know about it.

It was always fun to take a glance as we drove by, but honestly, any time I'm on that stretch, I'm heading to the parkway, and I'm far more interested in looking at the river while going over the bridge to see the water conditions, how many boats are fishing, and WHERE they are fishing.  :)

Pictures of this place? I feel like I've gone past it once or twice.

What's the deal with the house with the strange art on the way down to Wildwood? It's like after 55 ends and there's just a bunch of hooplah out front.

1 hour ago, hurricane1091 said:

Pictures of this place? I feel like I've gone past it once or twice.

What's the deal with the house with the strange art on the way down to Wildwood? It's like after 55 ends and there's just a bunch of hooplah out front.

that lady has been making that stuff for years.  I guess it keeps her occupied.

14 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

They were trying to sell it for yrs. Not much value other than the land itself. House was very old and pretty quirky inside. Wonder if a developer bought it. 

you are correct and I know there was info on the net but now I cant find it.   

9 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

The statues only came down a few months ago.

I don't know the story for sure, but what I've been told is that it used to be owned by some rich guy who was maintaining the place in honor of a dead child, as kind of like a Michael Jackson "Neverland" kind of deal.

I don't know any of that to be fact, but that's all I know about it.

It was always fun to take a glance as we drove by, but honestly, any time I'm on that stretch, I'm heading to the parkway, and I'm far more interested in looking at the river while going over the bridge to see the water conditions, how many boats are fishing, and WHERE they are fishing.  :)

I hear ya. rumors are what they are. I just didn't know if they printed it in a local paper or talk at the bait shop about it.

I thought the last time by , everything was still there.   maybe they sold the stuff separately at auction

joey. neverland is it.

‘New Jersey’s Neverland Ranch’ Up For Auction – CBS Philly

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/12/13/nj-neverland-ranch-auction

Dec 14, 2017 · TUCKERTON, N.J. (CBS) — A 54-acre property along Route 9 in Tuckerton that some call “New Jersey’s Neverland Ranch” is up for auction on …

3 million Neverland property sold before Friday auction ...

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/top_three/million-neverland-property-sold...

BASS RIVER TOWNSHIP — The 54-acre property valued at more than $3 million sometimes referred to as New Jersey's Neverland was sold prior to a scheduled auction Friday afternoon, according

New Jersey's very own Neverland Ranch - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFjnkGuyDo

Dec 15, 2015 · An eclectically ornamented Tuckerton spread on 52 acres is on the market for $3.25 million. The exterior of the gated property on Route 9 is an attraction in...

• Author: NJ.com
  • Views: 218

That's cool stuff.  The dragon and the cannons always had me stumped as to what was going on in there. 

Anybody have more info about that place on 55?

On 6/5/2019 at 8:21 AM, fishless said:

That's cool stuff.  The dragon and the cannons always had me stumped as to what was going on in there. 

Anybody have more info about that place on 55?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phillyvoice.com/on-road-to-shore-motorists-slowing-for-another-reason-pink-flamingos-/amp/

I don’t know if this is an allowable link, but you can find out more by googling “bamboo Jerry”