Surfrat815

If anyone finds a rod.....

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Yea I tape my zee and staal to my lami .. easier to move reel up or down depend what reel I put on it .. and it just feels so much better in hand to me .. 

About 40 years ago was fishing the flats around Brewster I think. Guy walks up to me and asks if I'd seen anybody walking away with his rod. Told him I hadn't but suggested he come back later at low tide. 

Saw him the following day and he thanked me. Found his rod high and dry with bluefish still attached

2 hours ago, Surfrat815 said:

Haha literally man! I was expecting a bunch of schoolies like I've been catching the past few nights so I wasn't focused and that's pretty much what f'd me 

Sorry to hear it. The rod/reel you can replace but losing the potential fish of a lifetime will haunt you to the grave.

I had a monster bluefish pull a rod out of my hands once out at 17 Fathoms. He swam under the back of the boat, the drag was a little tight and it was a funny angle...almost took me with it. 

I had to switch to my light spinning setup on which I caught the pool winner>took the money and bought the same setup I lost. I still have both rods and I use the light one for stocked trout. That rod beat a 20+lb bluefish. 

7 hours ago, shark lobster said:

From shore or a boat?who the F tapes a 700$ reel to a rod ?

A lot of guys do this, allows you to adjust distance to gathering guide from any reel for best COF, and makes it more comfortable for the user to adjust butt length without modifying the blank permanently.

I had one bounce out of the pole holder while underway. We bounced on a wave and it fired like a missile. I watched it happen. Brand new gear in the drink,

You're not gonna believe this guys. My roommate was fishing down at the spot where I lost it and as he goes to leave what does he find washed up? My setup!!! This is no BS I literally can't believe it. VS still attached and everything and it still works fine!!!! Literally a miracle....

12 mins ago, Surfrat815 said:

You're not gonna believe this guys. My roommate was fishing down at the spot where I lost it and as he goes to leave what does he find washed up? My setup!!! This is no BS I literally can't believe it. VS still attached and everything and it still works fine!!!! Literally a miracle....

Great story!  Wish you found it a little later though, I was enjoying the wisecracks.  Go Blues... Play Gloria!