Surfrat815

If anyone finds a rod.....

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

So I just lost my rod, reel, and possibly the fish of a lifetime. If anyone finds an old Lami with a VS 275 taped on in the Boston harbor area please let me know. It was last seen zooming towards Boston light. Oh and if you catch the fat bitch that I hooked please beat her senseless and eat her for me

23 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

bait fishing and not holding the rod?

With a van staal attached to it lol

25 mins ago, big popper said:

i thought this only happens in cartoons...

I know a guy that had it happen twice, I think in the same season. We were carp fishing, he put his rod on the bank, between his feet, while he dug out a cigarette. I warned him it was a bad idea, he protested that he was all but touching the rig. It disappeared, seemingly into thin air, a few seconds later.

Later in the year, he had imported a used, carp-specific rig from England, pretty much unobtainable stuff here. He had it resting on a railing with the baitfeeder on. Baitfeeder must have been adjusted loose, so there was a hard take, which caused a little backlash that snared something... sploosh. We plumbed around for about an hour to no avail.

I would grab a wet suit and mask and snorkel and start checking the area! Just out of curiosity does the town start with a W or an H? I frequent one of the two and will keep my eyes peeled. 

16 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

butterfingers!!

(too soon?)

Haha literally man! I was expecting a bunch of schoolies like I've been catching the past few nights so I wasn't focused and that's pretty much what f'd me