carznfish

Reduced access

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Anyone know what the story is with the new fence at demo? Fence is about about 1/4 mile before the rock pile.... Big sign “No vehicles beyond this point” Backside is also totally closed now. No access to the walking jetty 

Edited by carznfish

Nothing new the fence goes up every year when the plovers setup their nest on the beach. It will be there until the birds are done nesting. 

12 hours ago, Wolfdog said:

Nothing new the fence goes up every year when the plovers setup their nest on the beach. It will be there until the birds are done nesting. 

Right but i thought its not usually 1/4 mile short of the rock pile where everyone surfs. Cut the front side down to nothing... guess maybe im mistaken. 

2 hours ago, carznfish said:

Right but i thought its not usually 1/4 mile short of the rock pile where everyone surfs. Cut the front side down to nothing... guess maybe im mistaken. 

Welcome to the land of "Pay more Get Less" my friend. It does happen every year, but it seems like more and more each year. 

Was there tonight and with reduced beach access was relatively crowded it’s a shame it’s going to be a zoo on the weekend. Would be nice with reduced access to be more strict with the equipment and fishing requirements  but we know that won’t happen

11 hours ago, carznfish said:

If a plover makes a nest somewhere on the beach then they shut down that section. Sometimes they shut the whole front side down, be glad they didn’t do that. 

Talking to a nys worker at demo said it may get worse before it gets better... only plus side is for the most part past the fenced off areas has been less crowded and only people fishing...