pclassic

Lawrence Dam / Stripers

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I'm from Southeast Mass and every year I hear about big stripers making their way up to the Lawrence dam gorging themselves on shad, herring and alewives. I've Google Earth this area and have zoomed in to see any access point that I could give it a try, but just can't see where to get close to the dam. I'm going to take a ride there this week and was hoping for any information as to where I can get a few casts in. Thanks

^^^^ what they said.

I made a few friends there today handing out shad spoons and a few rainbow trout that I landed.

Prob not wise to hang around there after dark.

13 hours ago, pclassic said:

Wow! Really? Nevermind I'm good. Just was trying to find a few different spots without getting mugged. Thanks for the heads up.

I only fish there in the day time with a friend. The fishing has been really good right at the dam. There are a couple areas where you can park and fish AND can keep an eye on the car as well.

I used to smallmouth fish above the dam. I also have put my bass boat in below and its quite risky but have gotten into some epic feeds right in the the big pool below in early June. I find it not to be too sketchy on the northside below the dam where the boat ramp is. If you time it right it can be epic 

2 hours ago, weik1 said:

I used to smallmouth fish above the dam. I also have put my bass boat in below and its quite risky but have gotten into some epic feeds right in the the big pool below in early June. I find it not to be too sketchy on the northside below the dam where the boat ramp is. If you time it right it can be epic 

The boat ramp side is the cleanest side to fish on.

I think I located the boat ramp on the North side of the river using Google Earth, but it doesn't look like there's parking for a car and trailer there. It also looks like the closest you can get to the dam on foot is at the boat ramp.

Maybe I just have rose colored glasses, but the guys down there early mornings are pretty decent and the area is getting better.

No fish to be had though, move along.

18 hours ago, pclassic said:

It also looks like the closest you can get to the dam on foot is at the boat ramp.

Just an FYI it is illegal to fish below the dam. You must  stay down river of the rail road bridge.