finefish

Worst Start In Years

Rate this topic

344 posts in this topic

I have had the worst start to a season in the last few years. I fish mostly duxbury to boston harbor and it sounds like I am not the only one experiencing the lack of big fish around thus far. For the last few years by this day I would have had a few 30lb bass and a ton of 30-40" fish by now. Is everyone else feeling the same? What's going on? 

Weather has been so weird I'm hoping cooler than normal temps have just delayed things. We will find out very soon. There's been so many schoolies around for so many years they had to have grown up, no? Here's to a glass half full hope that it's just low water temps. 

Hey i caught 4 in the Canal today. Largest was 37 inches. Water is still on the cool side. Hang in there, might just turn out to be your best season...

The next cast could end it all and the world is good again...with that being said as much as I want to watch the rest of the Bruins game, the 1st period has just ended and I need to get my ass up and get out there.....because it's about sacrifice. Fish hard!!!!!!!!!!!

They’ve all been eaten by humans and seals or thrown in a dumpster after a photo shoot. Black Sea Bass will be the next species in trouble once the stripers are gone. 

Definitely a lack of larger fish around for sure. I’ve been working hard for a lot of small fish so far. Seems to be another year with just a ton of bait around though. Keep hoping the larger fish will be filling in soon. I just keep telling myself, someone’s catching somewhere. Gotta work for ‘em.