WhereFish

Party Boat Time (gotta break the slump)

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Been a seriously slow spring for me in the salt. Bad timing and lack of skill mostly. Four trips = four skunks. I did better back in December! Need to catch some fish in the salt. So, suggestions for party boats? I live in central Jersey so Highlands, Belmar, Point Pleasant are all within easy reach. I doubt the boat makes that much difference, but looking for suggestions. 

Thanks all.

15 hours ago, WhereFish said:

Been a seriously slow spring for me in the salt. Bad timing and lack of skill mostly. Four trips = four skunks. I did better back in December! Need to catch some fish in the salt. So, suggestions for party boats? I live in central Jersey so Highlands, Belmar, Point Pleasant are all within easy reach. I doubt the boat makes that much difference, but looking for suggestions. 

Thanks all.

What fish are you looking to catch? Stripers are tough on party boats now, and fluking hasn't been great, yet.

I'll echo the great bottom fishing; it'd be my recommendation as well. 

Maybe go big and chase some inshore bluefin? haha

Hoping for bluefish (for fun and eat) and sea bass (to eat). Never caught or ate ling before, but as a member of the cod family I'm guessing it's tasty. When you say party boats are not good for stripers is that just right now or in general?