Linesideslayer

Official Hat Fling 2019: Sign In Here

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

For those fishing before going to the Fling here are the tides, solar & lunars for July 20th: 

2019-07-20 Sat 12:23 AM PDT    5.0 feet  High Tide
2019-07-20 Sat  6:03 AM PDT   Sunrise
2019-07-20 Sat  7:36 AM PDT   -0.0 feet  Low Tide
2019-07-20 Sat  9:29 AM PDT   Moonset
2019-07-20 Sat  2:35 PM PDT    3.9 feet  High Tide
2019-07-20 Sat  7:18 PM PDT    2.7 feet  Low Tide
2019-07-20 Sat  8:24 PM PDT   Sunset
2019-07-20 Sat 10:58 PM PDT   Moonrise

Moon Phase Waning Gibbous at 89%- Full moon will have passed on the 16th. 

Having never been to this beach myself, are the rangers low key regarding showing up early to fish? Or is there a locked gate preventing it?

U can park outside gate if there early.  There's a very small patch of dirt where Highway 1 and La Honda intersect. Heading south it's on your left. Parking is hit or miss. Cross highway to the beach. 

Yes as Paladin said there is a small stretch of parking across the highway. When I visited the beach last month the gate was unlocked before 8 am, but that doesn't mean it will be next Saturday. If not there is plenty of water north and south to choose from and lots of parking along the highway or at other state beaches. 

Also I did want all the fisherman to realize that there is an MPA (Marine Protected Area) Ano Nuevo MPA that runs from the norther part of Santa Cruz county from Greyhound Rock all the way north to Pigeon Point (where the big white lighthouse & hostile are) this entire area is closed to fishing and can result in an infraction ($250 fine), just ask me how I know this, as I have learned this the hard way...below is a link to the DFG website on MPAs & more specifics about the area and PDF map of the Ano Nuevo MPA with GPS coordinates.  

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Marine/MPAs/Network/Central-California

One week to go!!!

I’ll be there if Ratss427 brings those cookies. 

Might have a 10’  black hole east coast special for sale if I remember to bring it. 

Looking forward to this years Fling, Paladin and I will be down the night before testing all the local foods and drink, and like when I first met him 15 years ago I had to put him on fish, this time I brough a fist full of benjies and try to put him on a fat HMB Puma. 

1 hour ago, Double_D said:

Looking forward to this years Fling, Paladin and I will be down the night before testing all the local foods and drink, and like when I first met him 15 years ago I had to put him on fish, this time I brough a fist full of benjies and try to put him on a fat HMB Puma. 

Now its a party!

Oh yeah... 

I'll bring a pot of pork'n'beans... It was a 26 hour smoked, 11 pound shoulder, pulled, then frozen. Warm it up in the beans... Mmm