Linesideslayer

Official Hat Fling 2019: Sign In Here

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Saturday July 20th, the Official SOL HAT FLING  

At San Gregorio State Beach just South of Halfmoon Bay off Hwy 1 in the Picnic Area near the parking lot.

Sign in here who is going and what you want to bring for the pot luck. Parking Lot Opens at 8:00am (I will be there early to reserve our spot) there is a Parking Fee of $10 per vehicle. I am still working on attaching a list of items I am asking members to volunteer to bring (see attached list coming soon). The list will be essentials like Plasticware, plates, cups, drinks, etc. I will be accepting any donations for the free raffle we do every year if you are not able to attend or if you plan to attend the Fling you can bring your donations day of the event, so if you have anything to donate, it's all welcome and very much appreciated. Any questions regarding this event, please respond in this thread?

For those members who have never attended a Fling or New members here in short is what the Fling is all about: A bunch of SOL members, friends & family getting together to talk fishing, gain insights and knowledge from one another, relax, have a good time, bring great eats to the pot luck, share stories, have some fun, maybe fish before, during or after, raffle off some fishing lures and other fishing stuff, check out some of the members rods and rigs, play some games (casting contest, etc.), have some laughs and get to know one another, make some new friends and put some faces to avatar names. There is no strict schedule or plan of events, everyone shows up late morning (10-11amish, I will be there at 8:00am to get our spot), we BBQ, put out some homemade food or store bought trays of food, we eat drink and be merry, mid to late afternoon after the raffle prizes are doled out and the contests are over, everyone says their goodbyes till next year. Below are links to the last 2 years' Event Threads.

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/731443-official-hat-fling-2018-sign-in-here/#comment-13249121

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/694556-official-official-2017-hat-flingsign-in-here/#comment-12299325

I will be bringing 2 Webber BBQs for anyone to use to cook on. Also I plan on cooking a huge batch of my homemade Fat Bastard Beer Braised & BBQ Smoked Baby, Baby Back Ribs!                          

Image result for Fat bastard austin powers

I'm in I'll bring a couple of cases of mixed soft drinks or anything needed if that doesn't work. 

Gary

On 6/4/2019 at 7:56 PM, Paladin said:

I'll bring plastic bags, some goodies, and raffle loot.

Cheap bastage ..... don't empty out your freezer and bring that uneaten old freezer burned crap (goodies) to the fling.

Firming up my travel plans and may be out of town that weekend. I’ll either be there, or fishing somewhere else.

9 hours ago, Double_D said:

Cheap bastage ..... don't empty out your freezer and bring that uneaten old freezer burned crap (goodies) to the fling.

I'll bring something you and linesider consider haute cuisine: "vy-e-na"sausages and mayo sammiches. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

So was able to clean my garage this weekend and un-bury the Fling Supplies tub (sorry we were not able to fish DD on Saturday, but my garage and fishing stuff really needed a cleaning up). Looks like we got a good stash from the last two years. Have plenty of plastic silverware, plastic red solo cups, paper bowls, aluminum pans for chaffing dishes, napkins, serving utensils, aluminium foil, plastic wrap, etc. Thank you all from past events for donating all this stuff! Will post a needs list here in the next week sometime. Charcoal, gel sternos, large paper plates, To-Go containers, case of bottled water, & Ice are all I can come up with in short, but know there are a few more items that might be required, will get a complete list posted here. Thanks Gary for offering to bring mixed sodas & drinks. 

IMG_5015.JPG

Edited by Linesideslayer

I'm thinning the herd I have way too much fishing gear this stuff will be at the Fling for FREE to a good home I might have more gear that isn't pictured, don't message me for info on this gear just show up and take it home some of it is new never used.

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

On 6/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Double_D said:

I'm thinning the herd I have way too much fishing gear this stuff will be at the Fling for FREE to a good home I might have more gear that isn't pictured, don't message me for info on this gear just show up and take it home some of it is new never used.

Great idea. I will donate some combos as well. 

3 hours ago, Winch said:

The 20th is my grandson’s second birthday party. So unfortunately I will not be attending

Hey, it’s mine too! I was hoping to see some Winch presents! 

Looks like Ike I’ll be there.